Latest post Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:42 PM by Tom Pearson. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 25 2018 6:16 PM

• Steve
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 87
    • Points 1,085

Avid Artist Mix Newbie

Hi,

I'm a professional Avid Editor working on cable and network shows.  I often work with sequences exceeding 16 tracks of audio and am intrigued by the artist mix.  I spend a lot of time using the software mixer and mouse and like the idea of speeding up my workflow.

Anyone on here using the ARtist Mix with Media Composer 8.5 or newer?  How do you like it.  This may be a dumb question, but can you bank to control more than 8 channels in a timeline?  If I'm working with 16-20 channels in a sequence, am I limitied to only controlling 1-8 with the Artist Mix or can you switch banks to mix more channels?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

System Specs: Mac Pro (early 2009) OS X El Capitan V10.11.16 2 x 2.66ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Memory: 64 GB 1006 DDR3 ECC Startup Disk: Mercury... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 25 2018 6:49 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Artist Mix Newbie

It’s OK. And yes, you can either browse banks (1-8,9-16, etc) or nudge (track by track). It can be noisy when the faders are moving around. Some people have had bad luck with EuCon, but for me it has mostly worked. Sometimes need to power cycle the unit to get it to connect again. If you freelance in many different places, it might prove tricky to have the right connection available everywhere (it connects via network).

my advice would be to see if you can try out a unit. 

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:42 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,121
    • Points 22,775

Re: Avid Artist Mix Newbie

Hi I use one daily and it works great I do have its own switch as I have color and and control as well. You will find it works more stable with dedicated IP addresses rather than DHCP and it will control banks as well as tracks 

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller