Latest post Sun, Jan 21 2018 7:49 PM by camoscato. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 21 2018 4:07 PM

• greg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 4 2012
    • SA TX
    • Posts 24
    • Points 375

Hi. Is there a user guide???

I'm trying to find out how to exprt to DVD, pretty basic, but I can't find any thing in the knowledge base.

Nothing specific to just exporting to DVD.  Are there any user guides?

And also, i have a perpetual license, don't have any support subscriptions, doe that mean I am limited to my access of the forums?

Media Composer 8, Boris 5.5. PC, WIN7 Professional. ACPIx64, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 TI, [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 21 2018 7:43 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,210
    • Points 38,970

Re: Hi. Is there a user guide???

greg:

I'm trying to find out how to exprt to DVD, pretty basic, but I can't find any thing in the knowledge base.

Nothing specific to just exporting to DVD.  Are there any user guides?

And also, i have a perpetual license, don't have any support subscriptions, doe that mean I am limited to my access of the forums?

DVD is pretty much dead to Avid.  Best to make some exported file and use existing 3rd party tools.

Forums are open to any one (other than some admin oriented ones).

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC 8.5.3 / 8.9.4 | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown" QT 10.0... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Sun, Jan 21 2018 7:49 PM In reply to

Re: Hi. Is there a user guide???

greg:

If you don't have an active support plan, then yes, this is where you can still get free support. Although you ought to post in the Media Composer forum for PC users, which you can find here:

http://community.avid.com/forums/49.aspx

The forum you've posted in is the feedback forum for suggestions about how to run the forum itself.

greg:
    I'm trying to find out how to exprt to DVD

As Jef says, the workflow is you export a file from Media Composer and use that file in your DVD encoding program or directly in your DVD authoring program if you haven't got an encoding program.

It'd help to know what format/frame rate your footage & project are, and what encoding and authoring programs you have, and then we can make more specific suggestions.

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller