Latest post Tue, Jan 2 2018 5:21 PM by David Yardley. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 31 2017 4:38 PM

• Nicanor72
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 31 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

In Effects mode - zoom in to also including canvas area

Currently, when using key frames for example in animatte for rotoscoping, one sometimes needs to place key frames outside of the image area. In zoom mode - as close in to the image as possible, if you move the image in order to access a key frame that is past the edge of the image, you can not access it unless you zoom back out past the image size showing the canvas area. In zoom mode - the closest zoom in of the image , the edge is the boundary when moving the image around with the hand move icon. If you could move past the edge of the image into the canvas area in the closest zoom mode of the image, then you can access the key frames that are in the canvas area. This would be especially helpful when the key frames are sitting just past the edge of the image. If this can be done, and I am unaware of a setting or button, please let me know. But if not, it would be great as a new feature. Would definitely, speed up my workflow. Now I always have to zoom out to be able to see the canvas around the image to access whatever keyframe might be sitting in the canvas area and then zoom back in for more detailed rotoscoping around edges. I also use Mocha a lot, but there are times that being able to just do a simple rotoscope in the Avid is preferred especially when I have having to share the timeline.

Thank you in advance!

• Tue, Jan 2 2018 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: In Effects mode - zoom in to also including canvas area

Yes, this inability to acess the control points outside the frame when zoomed in is a pain.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona 3. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 14GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller