Latest post Mon, Dec 11 2017 2:03 PM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 10 2017 6:42 PM

• martinav
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Kwajalein Atoll
    • Posts 65
    • Points 970

Media Composer System ID

I had to update my motherboard and CPU due to a hardware failure.  Re-activating MC will require an update to the System ID.  Is there a way I can do this on my own?  Or, do I have to get customer service involved.  I do currently have an active support contract, but I do have a perpetual license.  If I decide not to re-up my support next year, and I need to do this again, will I be able to do it without being hassled about purchasing the agreement?  Activation concerns should not require payment.  If you have a perpetual license, its not very perpetual if you cannot to the very basic activation issues.

Thank you!

i7-7820x, Asus X299 Strix Mobo, 32Gb RAM, Asus HyperX x16 w/ 2x M.2 [view my complete system specs]

"If anything can go wrong, it probably will." - Eeyore

• Sun, Dec 10 2017 8:09 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer System ID

You can't do it on your own, but you also don't have to pay for it. Contact Avid Support.

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Select Broadcast & Video, then on the next page click the + next to Contact Support and call the number listed for your area.  Help with activation issues is free, and it's option 2 from the phone menu.

If you still don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com).  She's their customer advocate, and can help you.

Media Composer 8.9.4 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Dec 11 2017 2:03 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,713
    • Points 113,630
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Composer System ID

Martinav

PM me on community and I can assist - send system ID and My Avid email.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller