Latest post Sun, Dec 10 2017 9:17 AM by luca.mg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 8 2017 8:28 PM

• bajea7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 8 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

will this work with media composer?

Windows 10 operating system

7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-7700 processor

Powerful quad-core, eight-way processing performance. Intel Turbo Boost Technology 

16GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming

Reams of high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and video-editing applications

2TB hard drive and 240GB solid state drive (SSD) 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics

Backed by 8GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory

Also, I will be working with 4K.

• Sun, Dec 10 2017 9:17 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,107
    • Points 60,060

Re: will this work with media composer?

There's a recent thread on MC & hardware, especially CPU and GPU http://community.avid.com/forums/t/182676.aspx; to cut a long story short: the bigger the better! To answer Your questions:

bajea7:
    Windows 10 operating system
    Windows 10 PRO 

bajea7:
    7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-7700 processor
    that should work, but get the most powerful CPU You can afford, for multiple 4K streams playback plenty of cores are welcome, while higher clocks won't hurt

bajea7:
    16GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming
    for intense multitasking You need plenty of RAM, 16 GB is barely enough to run Media Composer alone IMHO

bajea7:
    2TB hard drive and 240GB solid state drive
    the SSD is ok for the boot drive, get a bigger drive if You can, while a single 2 TB drive will struggle with 4K footage playback, I'd go for a four disk RAID 0 stripe, with fast hard drives

bajea7:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics
    for troublefree operations go for a certified video card, if You're willing to experiment with drivers get the GeForce card. HTH ;-)

MC 8.9.4, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller