Latest post Sun, Dec 10 2017 9:13 AM by luca.mg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 5 2017 2:49 PM

• Rita Gama
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 5 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Workflow Avid for a beginner

Hello to everybody,

my name is Rita, I recently switched from Final Cut to Avid and I am really pleased with the change, but I'm still trying to understand many things.

I am editing a project shot of Mini Dv (yes, it still exists), so we are talking of DV 25p 4:3.

I would like to add some clips shot on a Canon550, 1920x1080, 23.9 fps.

The main project is set for the first format and I wish to have a final product on 4:3

What do you suggest in terms of workflow?

I was thinking of creating a separate project for the Canon footage. And then? better import or Ama link? when and how should I turn the canon footage into 4:3?

If I also have other clips fron the Canon shot with another framerate and size, should I make a third project?

Thanks and bye

• Sun, Dec 10 2017 9:13 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,107
    • Points 60,060

Re: Workflow Avid for a beginner

Hi Rita and welcome to the forums, and to the MC community! Which version of the software? What is the delivery format? In the meanwhile search the help for 'mix and match', the workflow might change depending on the MC version, a separate project for each and every frame size and rate is not needed with recent releases. On MC 8.9 I'd link the Canon footage, adjust the framing and transcode. You can tinker (not that much) with playback frame rate too. Link a clip, right click on it, select 'Source settings', and adjust to Your likings.

MC 8.9.4, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller