Latest post Sat, Dec 2 2017 2:41 PM by Job ter Burg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 2 2017 2:28 PM

• Jakub V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 24 2012
    • Prague
    • Posts 16
    • Points 160

Importing AAF - all WAVs have wrong FPS

Hi,

I need to import AAF from Premiere which almost works fine. The sequence looks OK and the source files are offline in the bin and the filenames look correct. 

But all WAV files are in 29.97 FPS which means they differ in length and it is not possible to batch re-import them to make them not offline. Is there any chance to change this wrong metadata and batch import them?

So far I use a workaround with another project at 29.97 fps but it seems to me not ideal to have media with 29.97 fps in all 25fps project.

Thanks a lot.

Media Composer 8.8.1, Win7 SP 1 HP Z210 Workstation - Intel Xeon CPU E31240 3.30GHz, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M2000, Realtek High Definition Audio, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 2 2017 2:41 PM In reply to

Re: Importing AAF - all WAVs have wrong FPS

It's important to remember that audio does not have a frame rate. It can be assigned a counter or timecode that divides each seconds into an X amount of frames, but the _speed_ of any audio clip is determined by its _sample rate_.

Meaning that an audio clip recorded to a sample clock of 44100Hz, records exactly 44100 samples per second; when played back against a sample clock of exactly 44100Hz, the duration/speed will be exactly the same during playback as it was during recording.

In essence, any FPS designation in an audio clip is always simply metadata.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller