Latest post Thu, Nov 30 2017 1:56 AM by AndrewAction. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 29 2017 8:46 PM

Timeline Zoom, Scroll and Playback

I would really like to see a Timeline Zoom and Scroll like Premiere and Resolve have.

On a Mac that would be holding down the Optiion Key to Zoom in and out and the Shift Key to Scroll up and down the Timeline.

I would also like to be able to do certain things on the fly like Muting or Soloing Audio Tracks as an example without Playback Halting.

Lastly I would also like to be able to Gang the Source and Record Monitors and have them playback simultaneously like in Resolve.

Pardon me if I've missed something in the settings but I have yet to find a way to stop Avid from Halting Playback for simple things like Muting or Soloing.

Thanks

Mac Pro - 5,1 - 2 x 3.46ghz 6 Core Xeons El Capitan 10.11.6 64gb of OWC RAM GTX-980Ti Video Card Avid Nitris DX Symphony 8.8.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 29 2017 10:19 PM In reply to

Re: Timeline Zoom, Scroll and Playback

Brent Marginet:
    would really like to see a Timeline Zoom
    You can map Zoom in and Zoom out to any keys  or buttons above the timeline or below the Composer window. (I prefer them mapped the my KB's up and down arrows)
    Brent Marginet:
    I would also like to be able to Gang the Source and Record Monitors and have them playback simultaneously like in Resolve.
    The Gang function does that and again Gang can be mapped to your KB or the buttons below the Source and Record monitors. (Command Palette >Other Tab)
    Brent Marginet:
    I would also like to be able to do certain things ........edit .... without Playback Halting.
    This has been in the top ten feature requests for nearly 2 decades. Sad

• Thu, Nov 30 2017 12:50 AM In reply to

What I meant to say was holding down the Option or Shift key and using the Scroll wheel on the mouse to Zoom or Scroll in the Timeline. Sorry about that.

I do have keys mapped but I really like the way both Premiere and Resolve allow one to use the Scroll Wheel to Zoom and Scroll the Timeline.

Am I missing somehting like a setting somewhere for dual playback of the Ganged Windows. I have the gang shortcuts setup on the second row of the Source and Record Monitors but when I hit play on one the other one just haults. If I Scrub or Jog they follow each other but as soon as I hit play the one that isn't selected just stays put.

Thanks

Mac Pro - 5,1 - 2 x 3.46ghz 6 Core Xeons El Capitan 10.11.6 64gb of OWC RAM GTX-980Ti Video Card Avid Nitris DX Symphony 8.8.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 30 2017 1:56 AM In reply to

Brent Marginet:
    when I hit play on one the other one just haults
    Same here. Pausing playback allows them to re-sync. It worked that way when I explored the gang function so my workflows reflected that. For checking the accuracy of offline online timelines etc ganged scrubbing, jogging and stepping through the edits meets my needs.  Assuming dual playback would be useful to other workflows then it is a good feature request. Yes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller