Latest post Thu, Feb 15 2018 10:35 PM by Marianna. 55 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 27 2017 3:13 AM In reply to

• R Puru
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 12 2015
    • Posts 26
    • Points 300

Re: ISIS500 upgrade failure.

All of our clients are Mac based and the only windows boxes we have are the servers. I've never run additional widows updates on my ISIS servers. I also don't have them on the internet, but can get to them via VPN if needs be. This is the first real probelm I've had, maybe it's from a virus?  

Unfortunately, running these updates haven't made a difference.

I tried to delete the array again via cmd using: enter RaidConfig.exe –d and still have the same error:

Error: Product server type could not be determined from part number "9935-65144-00" and attempts to do this 5 additional times, reporting the same error.

Would I be able to just clear the config within the megaraid utility before proceeding with the restore from the USB key or should I just leave it?

• Mon, Nov 27 2017 4:38 AM In reply to

• R Puru
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 300

I thought I would just triple check everything and noticed that in Avid License Control in the Avtivation Tab, the state of ISIS5000 is: Not Activated. In the License Profile tab, Nothing is listed in Product Information. Could this be the reason that product type is being detected as Unknow in both the Storage Manager Memory Log as well as cmd when using RaidConfig.exe -d

Both of these systems are dongle based servers and both dongle light up as if they're working, but aren't being detected. Where can I find updaters for my Dongles? 

I've looked under My Products tab and don't see any ISIS servers under there. Not for these servers or my 5500s. I've tried adding the dongles system ID's to my account using the approprite link but have the error: System ID is invalid or already under an Upgrade & Support plan. Please specify a different System ID.

System IDs are:

2929XXXXXX

2929XXXXXX

I'll email account support about this now...Thanks for all of your help Yes 

• Mon, Nov 27 2017 8:21 AM In reply to

That profiler indeed looks 100% ok.

What was the upgrade path you followed? The system should recognize your dongles. Can you check their content with donglemanager on a media composer system? 

I would remove your system id's from your previous post by the way.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Mon, Nov 27 2017 2:27 PM In reply to

You can use Dongle Manager to check your dongles. There's no update required to run updated ISIS versions.

What does the System Director Memory Log Viewer display?

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Principal Product Designer for Broadcast Storage & Editor Products

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Wed, Nov 29 2017 12:39 AM In reply to

• R Puru
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 300

Jeroen van Eekeres:

That profiler indeed looks 100% ok.

What was the upgrade path you followed? The system should recognize your dongles. Can you check their content with donglemanager on a media composer system? 

I would remove your system id's from your previous post by the way.

Donlge manager reports this on both. ID removed for the post: I've also X out the previous post. Cheers.

BobRusso:

You can use Dongle Manager to check your dongles. There's no update required to run updated ISIS versions.

What does the System Director Memory Log Viewer display?

Indeed, System Director Memory Log Viewer does see the dongle

I've been putting off re-imaging this machine but I think it's time to give it a go. Should I remove the Raid config before doing so or just leave it and try?

My thinking is i'm better of clearing the config and starting from scratch.

• Wed, Nov 29 2017 4:29 PM In reply to

If your ISIS is no longer under support, I do not mind having a look through teamviewer. You can PM me details if you want me to.

If it is under support I'd advice you to contact support as the ISIS/Nexis support guys/girls are, in my experience, of very good quality. 

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, Nov 29 2017 5:09 PM In reply to

Looking at the Memory Log Viewer I think there might be an issue with License Control. Since you're using a dongle can you go to:

D:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses\ISIS

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses\Pro_Editor

And rename the folder or delete the files here.

Was this ever using a software license? What does the Avid License control show?

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Principal Product Designer for Broadcast Storage & Editor Products

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Thu, Nov 30 2017 2:55 AM In reply to

• R Puru
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 300

Jeroen van Eekeres:

If your ISIS is no longer under support, I do not mind having a look through teamviewer. You can PM me details if you want me to.

If it is under support I'd advice you to contact support as the ISIS/Nexis support guys/girls are, in my experience, of very good quality. 

No longer under support unfortunately. Thanks for the offer but I don't want to waste your time. If my rebuild is unsuccessful, I might just take you up on the offer though Yes 

BobRusso:

Looking at the Memory Log Viewer I think there might be an issue with License Control. Since you're using a dongle can you go to:

D:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses\ISIS

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses\Pro_Editor

And rename the folder or delete the files here.

Was this ever using a software license? What does the Avid License control show?

Day before last, I moved a lisence from a working 5500 onto this one thinking it may have been an issue with the dongle not being recognised. After trying that and it not making a difference, i deactivated it.

Once I deleted the lisence data you mention, System Directory Memory Log Viewer no longer shows the Deactivated lisence.

The problem still existist so I'm going to reimage this machine to day and start again. I'll update the post in a few hours time. 

• Fri, Dec 1 2017 5:06 AM In reply to

• R Puru
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 300

OK I think that was a waste of time. I reinstalled the sever doing the following:

* Booted fom USB stick and selected option 2, i.e. rebuild whole system drive c: and d: (as the server is empty anyway)

* Once finished, ran all windows updates

* Once completed, ran the Avid ISIS Setup from the 4.7.11 install folder but ended up with the same message

Unable to determin product type, aborting. Check the event log:

• Fri, Dec 1 2017 5:14 AM In reply to

• R Puru
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 300

There's obviously some undocumented piece to this puzzle that i'm missing that is stopping these from working. I'll figure out how much a single support case would cost me, in order to get my hands on this information.

Jeroen if your reading this, might take you up on that offer if it's still available? I won't PM you until I hear back. Thanks..

• Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:40 AM In reply to

Hi R Puru,

Can you also post a screenshot of the MegaRAid utility showing the logical volumes?

And sure I don't mind having a look. PM me whenever you want.

• Mon, Dec 4 2017 5:15 PM In reply to

Did you download the Avid installer again and use that?

It seems the raid exe file is broken.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 11 2017 4:48 AM In reply to

• R Puru
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 300

Dom Q. Silverio:

Did you download the Avid installer again and use that?

It seems the raid exe file is broken.

Hi Dom,

Yes I tried installing again from a new downloaded version of the installer, with the same results.

Indeed the raid installer isn't working, not because of corruption, but because of this 'unknown product type'. No where online can I find information on how to address this issue.

The installer script fails to run and execute with the same original error: Product server type could not be determined from part number "9935-65144-00" 

I thought this number was Avid ISIS lisence not being seen, not the case.

Then I thought maybe it was because windows wasn't registered, not the case either.

• Tue, Dec 19 2017 12:26 AM In reply to

• R Puru
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 300

Jeroen van Eekeres:

Hi R Puru,

Can you also post a screenshot of the MegaRAid utility showing the logical volumes?

And sure I don't mind having a look. PM me whenever you want.

Here you go:

PM incoming. Thanks.

• Tue, Dec 19 2017 9:19 AM In reply to

Hi R Puru,

That looks pretty normal as well.

Let me chack my mailbox.

Jeroen

Page 2 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller