Latest post Mon, Nov 13 2017 2:41 PM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 12 2017 6:02 PM

• jworms
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 17 2011
    • Posts 156
    • Points 2,350

AMA going Haywire, relinking, then not relinking, and

Hi

I'm having seriously terrifying issues with AMA at the moment.  I've got eight drives plugged into the PC running Avid.  I've AMA'd a sequence (and also done a lot of dropping in eye matching) now I'm trying to consolidate the sequence for the onlline to work from. 

But sometimes it crashes, others it said there is a corrupted file in one of the MediaFiles folders and suggested I deleted the .pmr file, so I did but then when I go back to my sequence half the stuff has come offline!  At other times it seemed like Avid was taking me to wrong moment in a clip when I Match Framed, as if it had got confused about the timecode or the naming. On top of that the original picture lock sequence which was DNX36 has now lost that LINK with the Avid Media, even though it's all there in the folder on the drive.

What do you do when everything gets so haywire like this?  It feels like 8 drives is too many but it's how the production company I'm working for have got the media.

Sorry for rant, any explanation about why stuff keeps going offline when it's still actually there would be helpful.

Jack

Avid Media Composer 6.5, HP Z400, 1 Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Processor W3550, Integrated SATA 3.0 Gb/s with RAID 0, 1, 10, 5 support, NVIDIA Quadro 2000... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 13 2017 9:46 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 365
    • Points 4,510

Re: AMA going Haywire, relinking, then not relinking, and

A little more info about your setup would be useful. For example -

Type of hard drives attached (format/interface).

Media formats of original material/ transcoded material and their present location.

Location and number of Avid mediafiles folders.

My first impression from what you've said is that having 8 external drives is definitely too many for my liking, especially if these are consumer USB 3 drives with media copied from the camera originals. These are often cheap drives with poor quality connections, and it's always best to get the media off these drives as soon as possible. To have these drives connected to your Avid system, (where they're constantly being accessed for days at a time) is asking for trouble.

Bruno

HP Z800,HP8600,HP8760WSonnetFusion RAID, Mediadock U320, Classic Nitris Mojo DXSymphony 5,6 & 8.5 JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 13 2017 2:41 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,657
    • Points 112,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: AMA going Haywire, relinking, then not relinking, and

Also what are your latest system specifications.... based on the ones you have listed you are on MC 6.5?  OS?

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller