Latest post Tue, Nov 14 2017 10:21 PM by Marty. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 12 2017 12:54 AM

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 875
    • Points 10,240

Why is Audio Suite so slow compared to Audio Track Effect Tool ?

Why is the Audio Suite Tool so slow compared to the Audio Track Effect Tool ? 

When I'm using the same filter or plugin with Audio Track Effect Tool, I can quickly hear different presets, change parameters and hear the effect instantly, bypass etc.

But with the Audio Suite Tool, when I'm running the Preview mode, I have to wait around 6 seconds to hear any change or if I want to Bybass etc. 

It's the same AAX filter - just a different tool inside MediaComposer. What's wrong with Audio Suite Tool?

I'm using MC 8.9.3 right now but it was also slow in older versions.

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 8.9.3, OSX 10.12.5, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

• Tue, Nov 14 2017 8:49 AM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Points 925

Re: Why is Audio Suite so slow compared to Audio Track Effect Tool ?

I don't know , but I suspect that audio suite is old code, maybe 32 bit and one day it will be abandoned. Like you I find it easier to use a realtime effect, sometimes I take a screen shot and copy the parameters over to the audio suite version.

iMac Retina27 late 2014 4Gz i7 16GB AMD R9 2GB with Sata Raid OS 10.11.6 MC 8.6.4 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 14 2017 2:02 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,657
    • Points 112,935
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Bloersch:

Why is the Audio Suite Tool so slow compared to the Audio Track Effect Tool ? 

When I'm using the same filter or plugin with Audio Track Effect Tool, I can quickly hear different presets, change parameters and hear the effect instantly, bypass etc.

But with the Audio Suite Tool, when I'm running the Preview mode, I have to wait around 6 seconds to hear any change or if I want to Bybass etc. 

It's the same AAX filter - just a different tool inside MediaComposer. What's wrong with Audio Suite Tool?

I'm using MC 8.9.3 right now but it was also slow in older versions.

Let me check with the engineers ....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Nov 14 2017 7:57 PM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 875
    • Points 10,240

Great, thank you! i‘m very curious about their response.

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 8.9.3, OSX 10.12.5, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

• Tue, Nov 14 2017 9:18 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles Ca
    • Posts 2,045
    • Points 22,035

audio suite renders before it playes not r/t playback 

macbook pro i7 2.5 16 gig ram 750gig hd 2tb fw800 20 tb e-sata raid Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Tue, Nov 14 2017 10:21 PM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 875
    • Points 10,240

Tom Pearson:

audio suite renders before it playes not r/t playback 

Yes, but if I'm running the Preview inside the Audio Suite Tool, it's in realtime but even enabling the Bypass to hear the sound without any effect takes about 6 seconds.

www.film-editing.de

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller