Latest post Sat, Nov 11 2017 12:30 PM by artisan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 4 2017 11:09 AM

• artisan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 7 2015
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

Media Composer First Crashing

Hi,

As per the subject - Sits there on "Initializing Audio Effects" for about 60 seconds then crashes with: "The Application Avid media Compoesr First has quit Unexpectedly"

OSX - 10.12.6

Imac - i5 - 16GB

Reinstalled Media Composer First - Didn't help

Reapired HDD etc - Didn't help

I do run pro tools on the same system and have plugins on a separate drive.

Any ideas please?

Thanks everyone.

• Sat, Nov 4 2017 3:07 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,265
    • Points 13,725
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Composer First Crashing

Hi artisan,

Do you have 3rd party plugins installed? You can try moving the plugins to unused folder Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/ for Mac.  MC|First will support AAX and AVX plugins that are ONLY purchased from the Marketplace.

Thanks, 

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 4 2017 10:47 PM In reply to

• artisan
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

Hi RalphC,

Thanks for the info.

I had a look in the plug-Ins folder and they are all aax plugins. Some were purchased from native instruments and waves however.

Anyway, I just moved all of the plugins to the unused folder as a test and MC First loaded fine..

Do I really need to move the non avid marketplace plug-ins to the ununsed folder every time I intend to use MC First?

Why doesn't MC First simply ignore the plugins that it can't use instead of crashing?

The goal is to puchrase the full MC version but I can't do that without at least editing on First for a little while just to test it out.

Thanks again.

• Sat, Nov 11 2017 12:30 PM In reply to

• artisan
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

So I've tried it on the PC and now have a different issue.

FatalExcpt Exception: Can't create a directory, as one of the folders in the path below has insufficient permissions.

It points to a G:\ directory which used to be the google drive... That's no longer there.. It seems I've tried MC on this pc before and would sync to google drive..

I see the G:\ path in the "Managed AMA Media Folders" file which I moved and reinstalled MC First but to no avail.

Can someone help me get this editor working please? Really frustrating...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller