Latest post Fri, Oct 27 2017 4:01 PM by Erik. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 27 2017 1:44 PM

• Francesco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 16 2012
    • Pisa - Italy
    • Posts 68
    • Points 665

Importing AMT clip in MC 8.8.4

Hi to all

I can't import an AMT clip in MC8.8.4.  When I link the aaf, metadata are ok and I see all in the bin, but when I double click in order to display  in source monitor, result is in "media offline".  In previous versions of mc I copied the *.mxf files in the MediaFiles directory.  Now this directory isn't in the root of main volume (c: in my case).  Where I should copy these files ?

regards

Filed under: ,
  • Fri, Oct 27 2017 4:01 PM In reply to

• Erik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 5 2006
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 170
    • Points 2,045

Re: Importing AMT clip in MC 8.8.4

Avid will look for a folder called Avid MediaFiles on any drive you have connected to the system to look for media.

If you have MXF media and a drive that doesn't have an Avid MediaFiles folder, you can just create one in the root of the drive. Then make a subfolder called MXF and then a sub folder contained in there called 1

The folder structure will look like this:

[drive] Avid MediaFiles > MXF > 1

copy your MXF files into the 1 folder.

Start up Avid and it will find the Avid MediaFiles folder and begin indexing the media.

MC 2018.4 Dell Precision 7710 mobile workstation, 64GB of memory, Xeon E3-1535M v5 @2.9Ghz, Nvidia Quadro M5000m. Running Win10 64bit. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller