Latest post Wed, Dec 13 2017 2:38 PM by RalphC. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 14 2017 11:46 AM

UNKNOWN ERROR when I try to log in to Application Manager for the first time

Hi All,

I'm new here so please be gentle etc.. :)

I have downloaded and installed Media Composer | First for Windows, but cannot get it to run. When I try to log in to the application manager window to activate Media Composer, I enter my credentials and after a delay of maybe 30 seconds, I get the message "UNKNOWN ERROR" in red text. Is this a known problem? What could I be doing wrong?

The PC has an 8 core AMD CPU and 16GB of RAM, running windows 7 SP1

• Sat, Oct 14 2017 2:30 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,300
    • Points 14,065
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: UNKNOWN ERROR when I try to log in to Application Manager for the first time

Hi widgetclutte,

Please post a screen grab of the AppMan.

Regards,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 28 2017 11:30 PM In reply to

• C_Claypole
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 25 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Re: UNKNOWN ERROR when I try to log in to Application Manager for the first time

I'm having a similar problem, except it's giving a little more detail. It says that I need to upgrade. However, I have 8.9.2 intalled. I updated the Application Manager, tried the patch for MC 8.9.2 and I'm still getting an error (the Media Composer 8.9.2 patch didn't get past initiation). I've also put in a support ticket with AVID, but haven't heard back. Please advise. Thank you.

• Tue, Dec 5 2017 8:46 PM In reply to

If You go to the Application Manager and the preferences part of the manager then once in there try deleting the cache it should restart and sync after this.... I say should, but you never know.

it works for me when I have any issues with the programme, and recently had this error message show up and so I deleted the Cache and it works fine again.

• Wed, Dec 6 2017 2:46 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,300
    • Points 14,065
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

C_Claypole:

I'm having a similar problem, except it's giving a little more detail. It says that I need to upgrade. However, I have 8.9.2 intalled. I updated the Application Manager, tried the patch for MC 8.9.2 and I'm still getting an error (the Media Composer 8.9.2 patch didn't get past initiation). I've also put in a support ticket with AVID, but haven't heard back. Please advise. Thank you.

Is this the First or Full version of MC? If it's MC|First try these steps:

1. Click Preferences then Clear Cache files.
    2. Restart AppMan
    3. select the drop-down next to your email then hit sync.

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 12 2017 6:54 PM In reply to

• mlacerda
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 11 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

I am also having the same issue.

When I ry to login I either get "Unknown Error" or the password I typed in just dissapeasrs.

Also there is a constant comman window opening and closing inthe background.  I am thinking that it is try to load something.

Any help?

Thanks

• Wed, Dec 13 2017 2:38 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,300
    • Points 14,065
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi mlacerda,

Please uncheck Data Collection in AM Preferences, this should resolved the issue of the command console poping up. If you're having problem with your password pm me I will assist.Thanks!

RalphC

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller