Latest post Fri, Oct 13 2017 9:26 PM by RalphC. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 13 2017 8:49 PM

• geoffedit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 14 2015
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

More recurring 8.9.2 bugs... this time with stereo multichannel audio

Avid has been VERY buggy working with linked stereo audio clips lately. I've never experienced this level of unusability before. 

Often, I load a clip into source window and adjust the slide in audio mixer, Avid crashes.

Separately, 3 times in a row now I crashed when adding a Marker to a stereo audio file in source window. 

No error messages, just the big send report to Avid window and immediate crash.

Please address in next update! Doing any kind of editing with stereo tracks is becoming very time consuming what with all the crashing and rebooting.

• Fri, Oct 13 2017 8:57 PM In reply to

Re: More recurring 8.9.2 bugs... this time with stereo multichannel audio

Could you try using full import of the stereo tracks rather than linking?  Might keep you working whilst the issue gets looked at. 
    Does your Audio have the same sample rate as your projects sample rate?

In your Audio Project settings > Main  What do you have set in the "Convert Sample Rates When Playing" box?

• Fri, Oct 13 2017 9:26 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,568
    • Points 17,135
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: More recurring 8.9.2 bugs... this time with stereo multichannel audio

Hi geoffedit,

Please email or pm me include MC systems ID. I will create a case and have our tech folks check this. 

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller