Latest post Tue, Sep 26 2017 4:58 PM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 25 2017 6:59 PM

• NErez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 12 2012
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,080

Support for High Sierra?

• Mon, Sep 25 2017 7:23 PM In reply to

Re: Support for High Sierra?

High Sierra was only released today.

No version of MC is qualified for High Sierra just yet.  Just like every other time a new OS gets released, Avid will prominently post here when it is qualified.  No specific date has been announced, and none of us can really guess as to when it'll be.

Still, it IS a good idea to download the OS immediately, but NOT install it.  That way, you have 10.13.0 ready when you need it.  From there, when it is time to upgrade, you can install the "point-zero" release, and then just download and install the proper combo update to get the version you want.  That way, you're not stuck with a newer OS than what Avid supports.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 26 2017 4:58 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,079
    • Points 216,495
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Support for High Sierra?

Avid has NOT announced the qualification for OS High Sierra for use with Avid Media Composer.  

Please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for updates to this information.  Please subscribe to this article for alerts to any changes on approval for all Avid products.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/macOS-10-13-High-Sierra

Marianna
    Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller