Latest post Sun, Sep 17 2017 3:38 PM by mahmood. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 17 2017 7:20 AM

• mahmood
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 17 2017
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Wrong SID submitted at time of purchase.. wrong keys received

We have several Media Composers in our facility and we wanted to upgrade one to see how the process is, as we have node-locked full licenses and wanted to make sure that everything works well befor we move our production machines to the cloud with the new licensing sysetm. 

Unfortunately I submitted the wrong System ID, received an activation code which I submitted only to realise the error after the fact. Support has responded with an email with a new activation code for the correct system ID, however, every time I enter the details in the App Manager, it initially says "activated" only to revert to "deactivated" if I try to run MC. I tried the offline method as well and received the .bin file; however that didn't work either.

I notice from the Avid Master Account that the old (wrong) System ID is still associated with my purchase and name. I've emailed support for resolution, but as there is a time difference I wonder if anyone here can accellerate the process?

The support case ID is 03284896

Thank you.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 6.0px; line-height: 20.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)}

• Sun, Sep 17 2017 7:39 AM In reply to

Re: Wrong SID submitted at time of purchase.. wrong keys received

Hi,

Send emails to marianna.montague@avid.com and raff.condalor@avid.com. They are Avid's customer advocates, and one of them will be able to help.

Media Composer 8.9.1 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Sep 17 2017 7:47 AM In reply to

• mahmood
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Thank you. I'll do that now.

• Sun, Sep 17 2017 3:08 PM In reply to

• mahmood
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

We're going into an endless loop here with a full day of post lost. I've been contacted by customer support via email stating that they have reset the server and I should try activating again, but the same issue persists. App Manager gives me a message that activation is successful; however, the very same panel beneath the MediaComposer states that the system is Deactivated. The software obviously doesn't run and demands that I activate the system first. I'm at a loss as to what to do or who to call (I tried). I emailed both Mariana and Raff and I do hope that either of them will help resolve this situation today. I'd hate to lose yet another day of post because of this error (yes, I'm to blame initially, but I was hoping that support actually reads the requests for assistance carefully and effect a resolution, rather than this ping pong state. frustrating.)

• Sun, Sep 17 2017 3:14 PM In reply to

Here's more contact info for Marianna:

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Try any one of those.

(I don't have any other info for Raff.)

Media Composer 8.9.1 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Sep 17 2017 3:38 PM In reply to

• mahmood
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

thank you! left a message.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller