Latest post Fri, Sep 8 2017 2:06 AM by BrockH014. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 8 2017 2:06 AM

• BrockH014
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 14 2015
    • Posts 26
    • Points 350

Finishing in MC

I'm delivering a feature to a distributor and I'm curious what workflows others use when delivering. After using MC for several years, I've been using Premiere quite a bit lately and it seems far easier than finishing in Avid, but I unfortunately have to go back to MC for this project. Distributor needs 422 HQ master with embedded 5.1 and stereo. Please correct me if there's a more efficient workflow:

-Relink offline transcodes to AMA-linked raws, transcode to MXF 175

-Export QT Ref out of MC, bring into AME and encode 422HQ (my MC can't handle exporting a feature QT out of Avid)

-Bring 422HQ into Premiere to marry 5.1 and stereo audio, export again as 422HQ

My questions are:

1) Should I transcode the AMA-linked raws to Pro Res instead of MXF 175 in MC? Is this transcode to MXF 175 unnessarely compressing my source media? This transcode before finishing in MC has never made sense. Premiere you simply relink to your raws, no AMA linking, no transcoding, no compression. Correct me if I'm missing something. 

2) Is there another way to embed 5.1 and stereo into the Pro Res? I know you can export that out of MC, but when I bring into AME there are no multitrack of 5.1 export options. I've heard you can do this in QT Pro, but I don't have that on my system currently. 

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller