Latest post Thu, Sep 21 2017 12:04 PM by Job ter Burg. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 22 2017 9:17 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 110,995
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Idea [I] Renew MC Supprt & Upgrade Plan - Get Symphony Option for $99

RENEW MEDIA COMPOSER TO GET THE SYMPHONY OPTION FOR JUST 99 USD!   EXPIRES DECEMBER 31st 2017!!!!!!!!

Customers Can renew their Media Composer Upgrade & Support Plans before December 31st, 2017 for just $299 USD, and get the option to buy Symphony for an additional $99 USD.  Total is $$398 USD.

The Symphony Option—a value of $749 USD— gives you advanced secondary and relational color correction tools to help you get any look you desire. That's not all—it also enables Universal Mastering to deliver multiple formats from a single master source.

You can renew your Upgrade & Support Plan for Media Composer either on the Avid web store, or through your reseller or Distributor if you prefer. 

You should see the Media Composer | Symphony Option appear in your Avid Master Account within 4-5 business days of purchase.    Don't miss out on this great opportunity—valid until December 31st, 2017.

If you already Renewed between July 1st, 2017 and August 17th, 2017  you will.......

• Via your Avid Master Account:  A coupon code has been deposited in your account that will enable you to purchase the Symphony Option from the web store for $99 USD This is available now. 
    • Via your Channel Partner (redemption code): a Coupon code will be deposited in your account that will enable you to purchase the Symphony Option from the web store for $99 USD  This is available now.  

Special Offer Link:    http://www.avid.com/special-offers/renew-mc-get-symphony

Any questions etc....  Please let me know.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 23 2017 4:45 PM In reply to

• touviere7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 15 2010
    • los angeles
    • Posts 546
    • Points 6,155

Re: Renew MC Supprt & Upgrade Plan - Get Symphony Option for $99

"...and get the option to buy Symphony for an additional $99 USD..."

sounds very good to me, buying meaning it will be mine to keep.

however, on the videguys website, looking into more details, i see this:

"You will receive an redemption code that will add Avid Symphony Option to your current account. You will be able to continue to use that Symphony Option for as long as you keep an active Avid Standard Support contract"

so, that sounds to me more like renting

mc 8.9.1 - QT essential 7.7.9 - win 10 pro64 creators - nVidia gtx1080 OC (385.41) - intel i7 6800k@4.1ghz water cooled by corsair H100i V2 - MSI X99A... [view my complete system specs]

the time you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted time...

• Wed, Aug 23 2017 8:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 110,995
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Touviere

Thats misleading on their end.  You own the perpetual license. So when you renew, that nets you another year and the Symphony Option for the added $99.  So say in a years time, you decide not to renew..... then you still own the license and the symphony option and will be able to use the LAST version you were entitled too prior to the plan expiring.

thats not renting.

I will get with Gary of videoguys.com on that

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 23 2017 10:13 PM In reply to

• touviere7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 15 2010
    • los angeles
    • Posts 546
    • Points 6,155

thanks marianna,

that makes a lot more sense! Yes

:-)

mc 8.9.1 - QT essential 7.7.9 - win 10 pro64 creators - nVidia gtx1080 OC (385.41) - intel i7 6800k@4.1ghz water cooled by corsair H100i V2 - MSI X99A... [view my complete system specs]

the time you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted time...

• Wed, Aug 23 2017 11:36 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 110,995
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

I also asked Gary to update the web site with new copy.

:)

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Aug 25 2017 1:01 PM In reply to

• Hoh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 23 2005
    • Ohio
    • Posts 200
    • Points 2,385

Marianna,
    That's very exciting!  Any word on what the annual renewal costs will be to keep Symphony up to date in the future?  
    thanks, Darin

(1): Media Composer 8.7.2 ∙ Windows 7 ∙ HP Z840 Xeon E5-2620 v3 2.4GHz ∙ 32GB RAM ∙ NVIDIA Quadro K4200 362.13 :: (2): Media Composer 8.7.2 ∙ Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 25 2017 1:32 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 110,995
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hoh:

Marianna,
    That's very exciting!  Any word on what the annual renewal costs will be to keep Symphony up to date in the future?  
    thanks, Darin

So far none....  If we do add to the app, it will most likely be in the MC itself.  If by chance we update the Symphony Option, I would expect the upgrade to be minimal but this hasnt been discussed so... I have no idea. 

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Aug 29 2017 8:05 PM In reply to

• aVienna
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 21 2006
    • Vienna
    • Posts 52
    • Points 575

>If you already Renewed between July 1st, 2017 and August 17th, 2017 

What is the logic for perpetual users that if they renewed before July 1st they are not eligible? I thought it is irrelevant when i renew? renewal has to occur before the expiration date to get another year.

Looks like I was a few days to early with my renewal payment. Transaction date June 28, clearing date June 30.

I cannot see the offer in my account > My special offers. 

Avid MC 8.9, HP Z420: Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2, 6 cores @3.50GHz, 40GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, Z TurboDrive 256GB as system disc, Thunderbolt 2 PCIe card, HP... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 29 2017 8:45 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 110,995
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

aVienna

There was a special offer last 2 quarters that if you bought a reinstatement plan you got Symphony.  This is for renewals - i.e. people who kept their plans active.  email me with your System ID, My Avid and the invoice for purchase and I can see what i can do.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Sep 21 2017 10:20 AM In reply to

• Gretski
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 136
    • Points 1,815

So to be clear,  If I renew my support ( which expires in Dec) now and buy the Symphony offer, I will get symphony now and then the support will renew when it expires in december for another year.  In other words, I wont lose out by renewing early?

Thanks

Asus X299, i7 7820, Nvidia 2000M 32GB ram, NVME SSD 8.9.1 ( yes its very fast!) [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 21 2017 12:04 PM In reply to

That is correct. You'd simply be adding 12 months of support to your existing contract. That, and a perpatual license for the Symphony option.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller