Latest post Sun, Aug 13 2017 9:44 PM by Toby. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 13 2017 5:35 PM

• Toby
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 4 2013
    • Los Angeles, California
    • Posts 54
    • Points 640

Platform log-in denied - out of date with 8.9.0 [SOLVED]

OK now Application Manager is telling me that there is a newer version than 8.9.0

?????

PC tower: 2015 machine with Thunderbolt 2. Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4Ghz. 32gb RAM. 64 bit Win7 Home Premium. Avid 8.6 (as of July 2017). GTX 760. Raid0 ... [view my complete system specs]

Mr TV Editor
    Los Angeles, California

• Sun, Aug 13 2017 9:44 PM In reply to

• Toby
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 4 2013
    • Los Angeles, California
    • Posts 54
    • Points 640

Re: Platform log-in denied - first out of date with 8.9.0

If this happens to anyone else, this was the solution:

(via Pilot and AndrewAction)

1. Upgraded my RAM so that I had at LEAST 6gb (in my case, I went from 4gb to 16gb)

2. Uninstalled "First" totally, by clicking on the START menu and typing 'apps & features' then clicking the top option - "Apps & Features SYSTEM SETTINGS". Then clicking MEDIA COMPOSER FIRST and choosing UNINSTALL. Once this was finished, I uninstalled the other two items labelled Avid (App Manager and the Cloud Services)

3. I downloaded the latest version of the full Media Composer 8.9 to the root of my C:\ drive

4. I unzipped to a folder at the root of my c:/ drive

5. I installed the full version of Media Composer

6. Rebooted

7. Opened the Avid Application Manager then Preferences and clicked the Clear Cache button.

8. Uninstalled Media Composer - by clicking on the START menu and typing 'apps & features' then clicking the top option - "Apps & Features SYSTEM SETTINGS". Then clicking MEDIA COMPOSER and choosing UNINSTALL. Once this was finished, I uninstalled the other two items labelled Avid (App Manager and the Cloud Services)

9. Rebooted

10. Downloaded the latest Media Composer First to the root of my C:/ drive

11. I unzipped to a folder at the roof of my c:/ drive

12. I installed Media Composer First

13. Rebooted

14. Opened the APP MANAGER

15. Clicked on ACCOUNT tab and signed in

16. Checked that in the ACCOUNT tab it says "Media Composer | First" then 'Perpetual'

17. Clicked the APPS tab

18. Checked that next to 'Media Composer | First' there is blue text saying 'Open' - THIS WAS NOT THERE WHEN THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH INSTALLATION, FYI

19. Clicked the blue text saying 'open'

PC tower: 2015 machine with Thunderbolt 2. Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4Ghz. 32gb RAM. 64 bit Win7 Home Premium. Avid 8.6 (as of July 2017). GTX 760. Raid0 ... [view my complete system specs]

Mr TV Editor
    Los Angeles, California

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller