Latest post Wed, Aug 9 2017 7:38 PM by jasonsaro. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 9 2017 7:38 PM

• jasonsaro
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Philadelphia
    • Posts 555
    • Points 6,720

Grid Settings NOT Holding

Media Composer - 8.8.3 - PC Version - Multiple NEW USER Settings - Lets just get that out of the way...

GRID settings never hold after changing them / saving them.  They are a USER seting, so once you set them to a user, they should stay put.  But... NOPE.  They go back to a "default" setting.  I have tried selecting "Show Safe Title" and "Show Safe Action" multiple times and they only hold for a couple of hours.  Then, somehow they revert back to being off. 

I have made a new user setting.  Killed the MC State / Site Settings / Site Att's. etc... that every Avid editor knows to do.  

I mean why Avid...Why would you default the editor to have these displays set to OFF??  Not like any of us are using Media Composer to create content for HD Boradcast that requires action / title safe all the time.  Naaa.... we would never need to pay attention to that...  To my knowledge, this is the first freaking release that sets them to off as the default.  Wow... I mean, I was on 8.4.5 for years because it was the most stable.  We finally went facility wide to 8.8.3 and are dealing with this.

Id love to be able to go to 8.9, maybe it fixes it there...OH... wait... I saw the latest thread on that version too..

Jason

ISIS 5500 - 240 Tb HPZ840 - MC 8.4.5 XDCAM HD - XDCAM EX - HDCAM -- HDCAM SR [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller