Latest post Tue, Jul 25 2017 1:59 AM by LoneStarHawkeye. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 25 2017 1:59 AM

Curious Issue Exporting AAF...

A friend of mine ran into an issue when trying to export an AAF (embedded or consolidate to folder) the other day and it told her this below...

"Destination for consolidated, transcoded, mixed-down, or copied audio media is not currently available [!vgroup->IsAvailable()] Please select vaild (online) media destinations" I have attached a picture of the second error that follows once you click "ok".

So i took the drive with the media and etc and tried it on my system and I also got the same error as she did when I tried to consolidate to folder, but it did allow me created and embedded AAF.

Thought that was a bit strange, so i did some more digging and then found her drive was an NTFS drive that she was running on her mac with a read/write program added so she could use it, but I didn't realized that till I noticed Avid was sending the MXFs created to my seperate external HD.

So I thought that was the issue, but I then ran a different test by brining over just the footage used as MXFs and the accompanied bins to my external HD (MC8 on Mavericks) and I got the same error (except I could once again create and embedded AAF).

Some last bit of background is that it was a canon or sony dslr (she asked, but they don't actually remember as sad as that is) and the audio was attached to the footage itself via the mixer. She is also running MC7 on Yosemite.

She asked me to post here if I could to see if anyone had any thoughts perhaps. Thanks in advance.

Mac Pro 2009 Nehalem Eight Core 2.93 GHz * Media Composer 8.6.1 * Pro Tools 10.3.10 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller