Latest post Tue, Jul 18 2017 11:33 PM by Martin Fox. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 17 2017 5:48 PM

iMac hardware certified?

Anyone know if Media Composer 8.8.x supports this model of iMac?

- 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display 
    - 3.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost
    - Radeon#Pro#560 with 4GB video memory
    - 16 GB of RAM

Didn't see it on Avid's list of approved machines, but maybe it's not updated?
    Thanks!

Kent

• Tue, Jul 18 2017 11:33 PM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 75
    • Points 815

Re: iMac hardware certified?

My impression is that all the iMacs would work, and that spec you outline is pretty good for cutting rendering etc. I think the screen would be an issue if it's the only screen, the avid interface on a 4K small screen would be taxing to say the least.

i have a 27 inch iMac and I use a 72 ppi second screen for the avid interface and put all my bins on the iMac screen with a large font.

i generally cut at dnx 120 with 4x multicam on hour long projects using two sata drive arrays connected via thunderbolt adapters. Workflow is pretty fast with careful drive deployment. A few more cores on the CPU would be nice for background transcoding while working in the foreground.

martin

iMac Retina27 late 2014 4Gz i7 16GB AMD R9 2GB with Sata Raid OS 10.11.6 MC 8.6.4 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller