Latest post Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:11 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 17 2017 12:26 AM

• Bill Towgood
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 15 2012
    • Toronto
    • Posts 9
    • Points 95

Time warp, fluid morph and symphony source segment changes duration of clip

I've been plagued with a problem for a while now but my workflow isn't so unique that I'm surprised I don't see anyone else posting about it. Up until now I've always just worked around it. But I'm looking to avoid it completely or report it as a bug that can be fixed in future releases. I'll also add I've experienced this on two unrelated projects working on completely different systems with vastly different configurations of gear, so I really doubt the equipment has anything to do with what I'm experiencing. Here's my experience: I use timewarp a lot. All of the modes work fine, but there is one combination that reeks havoc with durations and sync. But it only happens when I apply a fluid morph render on a clip and then apply a symphony source segment color correction to it as well. If I then close the sequence and then reopen it or load it to the source side I get a notification "this election will be duplicated and the following will be updated: - Color correction effects" At that point my only option to open the sequence is to accept with "OK". However upon opening the 'updated" sequence the duration of the clip with the timewarp effect has been modified - seemingly to the original duration of the clip before the speed effect was added to it. Needless to say that bumps that entire track out of sync and when there are multiple clips in a row, the result can be horrifying. Has anyone experienced this?

Media Composer 8.8.3 with Symphony option, BMD DeckLink HD Extreme 3D (10.8.3 driver), Mac Pro (3,1) 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 12GB 800 MHz DDR2... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:11 PM In reply to

Re: Time warp, fluid morph and symphony source segment changes duration of clip

I have not seen this. I have seen FluidMorph renders become unrendered when you apply a Symphony CC to the effect. But the render is then quick and everything is fine. I do NOT see the request to update the sequence.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller