Latest post Mon, Jul 17 2017 6:54 PM by filmfriseur. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 16 2017 2:17 PM

• filmfriseur
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 8 2013
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 55
    • Points 480

timeline snap behavior - ignore audio possible?

Hi, is it possible to ignore audiotracks, for eksample, regarding the snap-to-behavior in the timeline? Otherwise I would suggest a feature request so you could create individual settings. Also a snap-to-behavior that only looks for active tracks could maybe help in some situations.

I find, when in segment extract/splice-in mode, clips sometimes snap to audioedits that are just some few frames away from the edit I would like to edit to. So I create small clips of only one or some more frames. Or I am forced to zoom in more.

thanks

amc 8.8.4 . 3.46 dual 6core mac pro (early2009, upgraded to westmere 5.1, OSX 10.10.5). 64 gb . msi gtx 970 . 2x 27" monitor . 1x 24" monitor... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:18 PM In reply to

Re: timeline snap behavior - ignore audio possible?

There is no track selection for the snap to functions...as you found, it will go to all edits on all tracks.

An alternate is to use the FF/REW function in the Composer > FF/REW setting. If you have the FF and REW keys mapped, you can use them to maneuver to the right edit, if you have "Ignore Track Selectors" unchecked.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Jul 17 2017 6:54 PM In reply to

• filmfriseur
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 8 2013
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 55
    • Points 480

Re: timeline snap behavior - ignore audio possible?

Ah, ... thanks for your answer. Good to know. So I am not missing something. Wink I use the FF/REW mapped to my keys. 

I was thinking about the above described snap to function when I move one or more clips I selected and than drag them to the places in my timeline where I want them to be. In addition to that I hold my cmd-key so the selected clips I am moving snap to the next edits. 

amc 8.8.4 . 3.46 dual 6core mac pro (early2009, upgraded to westmere 5.1, OSX 10.10.5). 64 gb . msi gtx 970 . 2x 27" monitor . 1x 24" monitor... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller