Latest post Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:31 PM by Telegram!. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 14 2017 6:29 PM

• dmfreeman
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,824
    • Points 23,880

HitFilm Ignite Pro Plugin For Avid MC

I am seeing a feed in my Application Manager for this plugin for half price of $99.00.  I cannot find any reviews on the plugin.  Does anyone have any experience with it?  Does it do anything that can't be done in Boris Continuum Complete v10? Or the put it another way does it do things any better?

Thanks for any input.

Denny

Media Composer 8.5.4, BCC 10.0.0074, AvidDVD 6.4.4, Boris Red 5.5.2.1382, Asus P9X79 Pro Motherboard with Intel 3930K Processor. 32 gigs DDR3 ram, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 14 2017 7:13 PM In reply to

• Telegram!
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 28 2006
    • Posts 962
    • Points 11,235

Re: HitFilm Ignite Pro Plugin For Avid MC

I got it recently tossed in as an avid-capable standalone sweetener when I upgraded to HitFilm Pro 2017, but I learned that not all of the Ignite FX were available for use when used in Avid MC, plus the plugin was only certified for MCv8 or above. I don't currently have a BCC license, so I do get a certain "fun factor" with this set, plus some useful BCC-like color fx. 

I went through all the FX to check them out and felt great about loading them into my MC v7 system, even though there was a certain sluggishness opening them up on the timeline, which I assumed was because I was on a non-supported MC version.

I *think* you can get a trial version from Ignite's company and test it out. I enjoyed many of the effects and, now on MC v8, I suspect I can use my already downloaded plugin from a few months ago. 

I recall that either HitFilm or Ignite's company had a thorough webpage listing which effects were available on MC vs. Hitfilm vs Adobe, etc. Plus videos of each FX.

Sorry, but I don't remember any particular must-have effect.

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 15 2017 11:34 AM In reply to

• dmfreeman
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,824
    • Points 23,880

Thanks,

I appreciate the feedback.  I am going to look at the website to see exactly what is included in the package.

Denny

Media Composer 8.5.4, BCC 10.0.0074, AvidDVD 6.4.4, Boris Red 5.5.2.1382, Asus P9X79 Pro Motherboard with Intel 3930K Processor. 32 gigs DDR3 ram, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 16 2017 1:47 PM In reply to

• dmfreeman
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,824
    • Points 23,880

I was able to download the trial version of the Ignite Pro plugin.  I was unimpressed.  I think (for me at least) that the effects in BCC 10 are better and give me more control over what I am trying to do.

Denny

• Sun, Jul 16 2017 5:37 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,422
    • Points 57,840

Too bad but good to know, Denny.

Had a look at the Hit Film site and the Hit Film editor is a very interesting combination of compositor (with 3D) and editor and audio suite all rolled into one. The on-line tutorials are very flashy. It looks like an amazing product in many respects. They even have a version of Mocha integrated (looks like a Mocha lite of some sort) and support for a variety of plugins from 3rd party vendors including NewBlue and BorisFX, I believe.

Cheers

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 3+ | MC 8.8.0 | QT 7.7.9 | BCC 10.0.2 | Boris RED 5.5 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | System: P6X58D-E, Core i7 960, Quadro K4200... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Mon, Jul 17 2017 2:04 PM In reply to

HitFilm users:

Any questions about this company, let me know or you can visit their site:

https://hitfilm.com/questions/submit

CJ

My emial: avidusersecuador@hotmail.com

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

AVID USERS ECUADOR                                  

@avidusersecuado

• Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:31 PM In reply to

• Telegram!
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 28 2006
    • Posts 962
    • Points 11,235

My total Cost for the latest HitFilm 2017 was an initial (discounted) $150 U.S. a couple years ago, for Hitfilm Pro3, which introduced me to a basic version of Mocha- which because it just fascinated me, I had to check out. It was the main reason I bought the original license.

I skipped purchasing an upgrade to Hitfilm Pro4, but now after another $150 upgrade. I have their current, standard 3-PC license for HitFilm 2017, including a 3-pc Ignite FX license, which works inside Media Composer v8. 

Hitfilm has an active, upbeat community forum like ours and numerous online how-to tutorials, customer showcases, and they give away some FX files- fire/explo/gunfire imagery- which seems (disturbingly?) popular with what I suspect is a "first-NLE" customer base that wants create sci-fi and thriller movies or add those FX to their existing home videos). So, it is literally an aggressive assault on MC and all the traditional NLE players. It provides/teaches editing basics as a by-product of very capable, yet amateur-friendly special effects/3D software. 

It seems the folks behind Hitfilm came up with a unique marketing angle, focusing on "video magic". For editorial, I would never leave MC for it, but I needed and I am glad I now have a solid tool on my PC to do AE-type work with 4K and 3D without having to sign on to Adobe for whatever their yearly renewal plan is. 

I *believe* Boris bought the company that makes Mocha. I received a $399 offer to buy a Hitfilm-only Pro version of Mocha, but I decided instead to grab the Avid Symphony + reinstatement deal instead. 

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller