Latest post Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:38 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 14 2017 9:05 AM

Crashes on AMA import/opening Source Browser. Best OS version?

I'm on location in China trying to edit a reel using AMA/Link from assorted quicktime files downloaded from the internet, and I find that Avid is crashing to the finder when I either option-drag files into a bin for AMA editing, or when I open the source browser and drag files in as links. Using the latter method, I actually can drag files into the bin, but I have to save the bin very quickly because Avid crashes after about 10 seconds of having the source browser open, even if I don't import anything.

So the problem happens even if I don't import anything. Just starting to do it causes the crash.

Not sure why I'm getting these crashes, didn't use to, and I haven't changed anything lately. On a 2014 Macbook Pro, 16 gigs RAM, Yosemite 10.10.5, Media Composer 8.8.4.

My next step is to uninstall and install MC 8.8.5, but I wonder if I should update my Mac to Sierra 10.12.5 first? Or if there's any other hope or help for me?

• Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:38 PM In reply to

Re: Crashes on AMA import/opening Source Browser. Best OS version?

My guess is that there's something about those QuickTime files "from the internet."

What kind of files are they?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller