Latest post Thu, Aug 24 2017 11:11 PM by Keith R. 51 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 14 2017 3:37 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,943
    • Points 214,780
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Application Manager won't initialize

ck123

Its out now..... 

http://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/Avid_Application_Manager_Read_me_17.7.pdf

Trust me I know as I launch the software...... with the moderators before it goes live.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Aug 14 2017 4:55 PM In reply to

Am afraid Problem Remains.

iMAC 3.2 GHz Intel i3 12gb 1333 MHz DDR3 MAC OS X Version 10.12.5 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536... [view my complete system specs]

Simon McGuire

Broadcast & Film Editor.

Avid Certified User.

• Mon, Aug 14 2017 5:57 PM In reply to

• Pilot
    • Not Ranked
    • Tel Aviv
    • Posts 63
    • Points 735

Marianna:

Pilot

Who told you AppMan 17.7 doesn exist????   it certainly does but you need 17.6 installed before upgrading to it.

Fixed in Application Manager v17.7

Bug Number: AMPT-5773. In some instances, Application Manager might have installed MS C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) software even if it was already installed.

Bug Number: AMPT-5724. In some cases, Application Manager was not properly restored after waking your system from sleeping mode.

Bug Number: AMPT-5718. (Mac) Application Manager CPU usage was high.

Bug Number: AMPT-5633. Application Manager might have logged you out when in offline mode. You should now be able to run the application when you are offline instead of receiving a “Problem logging into account” error.

what do you have spoecifically that you are installing MC | First one?  OS, Computer type, RAM, cards etc...

Marianna

Marianna :-)

As I understand, this post above you addressed to another forum user.

BTW, thanks to the update AppMan from v17.6  to v17.7.0, MC | First started working for me offline too.

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/181121/845699.aspx#845699

Right now I have almost no problem with opening the Media Composer | First ver. 8.9.0, but only through AppMan window.

Normal double click does not work, but this is not so important.

For MC|First:Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / ASUS K54C/CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz/DDR3 8GB RAM/ Intel HD Graphics 2GB *For MC 8.4.4/Symphony option/Win 7 Ultimate x64... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 15 2017 9:36 AM In reply to

• Keith R
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 8 2012
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,370

Hello Simon

My sympathies - I tried for three weeks and exceded my download limits I downloaded and re-loaded every time there was another suggestion to try something else last night by three am I thought the men in white coats were coming around :-

App Manager out of date - please update immediatly .. it isn,t

May be out of date and will automatically update.. it isn't out of date .. it won't auto update

New updates if available .. it's the latest there isn't any 

Please Quit and log in again .. how can it when it won't log in to begin with

Exception can't create a directory as one of the folders has insufficient permissions 

And that's only in one night ..

I have to go there's a knock on the door I think it's them -- I'll tell them it's not my fault I worked with Avid MC  xxx for many years and still do but i'm past help ... help me Ronda !! ..[:'(]

Just kidding of course I will be ok when there is a simple fix maybe .. bye now

• Wed, Aug 16 2017 11:30 AM In reply to

• Pilot
    • Not Ranked
    • Tel Aviv
    • Posts 63
    • Points 735

Keith R:
    Just kidding of course I will be ok when there is a simple fix maybe ...

It may be simple fix for Avid Media Composer | First * with Windows 10 :

If you have already installed AppMan v.17.7.0 and MC | First v.8.9.0 not necessary reinstall them.

1) disconnect from Internet

2) run Task Manager - for this press Ctrl+Shift+Esc simultaneously and select "More details", then, one by one, choose all Avid items (with first word "Avid") and press "End task" button for each of them

3) go to your disk C: > Windows > Temp 

Then open "Temp" folder > select all within > press delete button and empty Recycle Bin

4) restart your Windows 10

5) connect to Internet

6) run Avid AppMan and choose "Preferences" and then click "Clear Cache Files" then quit and restart AppMan

7) wait and "Sign In to your Avid Master Account"

8) press "Apps" tab and wait for appearance "Open" for Media Composer | First

9) press "Open" within Application Manager window and MC | First should start and give you to create the first project

* for beta testing experiments with MC | First I use a separate account from main Avid account for full Media Composer

Good luck :-)

For MC|First:Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / ASUS K54C/CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz/DDR3 8GB RAM/ Intel HD Graphics 2GB *For MC 8.4.4/Symphony option/Win 7 Ultimate x64... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 16 2017 2:06 PM In reply to

• Keith R
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,370

Hello Pilot

Re Media Composer First performance :-

After all that the Laptop is:-

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i7 472HQ

16Gb Ram

Graphics Intel HD 4600 (Toshiba)

4096Mb ATI AMD Radion R9 M265x (Toshiba)

Storage 931 GB (Toshiba)

It won't run stable with MC First - so I am taking it off , the other low end editor's we all know run without any problem on this Laptop - my main desktop editor with the current MC .XXX runs fine fortunately, so there is no real need ..

i suspect Media Composer First  needs higher spec Graphics ...

I would like to close here now on  this issue and thank the forum as usual in closing .. not attempting to re- install it at this point .Thank you again for your help

Regards

Keith

• Wed, Aug 16 2017 4:57 PM In reply to

• Pilot
    • Not Ranked
    • Tel Aviv
    • Posts 63
    • Points 735

Hello Keith,

As I understand, you can run Avid MCF now, but your laptop "won't run stable with MC First"

What model of Toshiba laptop you have?

You can see it on the bottom case of the laptop.

I need to know how this program works on different computers.

Thanks.

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 2:20 AM In reply to

• Keith R
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,370

Hello Pilot

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i7 472HQ

16Gb Ram

Storage 931 GB (Toshiba)

(Pilot - quote) - I need to know how this program works on different computers.(unquote) 

Keith - only intent is to be helpful not negative - I have come around to the point where maybe this program particularly the Application Manager is problamatic , last night I ran the full Media Composer on this laptop no issues . removed it completely and attempted to re-install MCF - failed again "Application Manager won't initialize"if there is any logic in this issue shorly if Media Composer and anything else will Initialize and run .. ?

(Pilot - quote)  I need to know how this program works on different Computers. (unquote)

The short answer for me is - this Application Manager and Version of Media Composer won't run on any of our Computers.

Again only responding , I do not intend to upset the Church ..!! 

i intend to leave it for now  and thanks again ...

Regards

Keith R

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 9:43 AM In reply to

• Pilot
    • Not Ranked
    • Tel Aviv
    • Posts 63
    • Points 735

Hello Keith,

You did a good test, which showed that everything  okay with your laptop and your Windows for successful run full version MC.

But what is the MODEL NAME of your laptop?

Look, please, on the label on the reverse side - what do you see? 

Examples below :

http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/see-all-models

Thank you :-)

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 11:01 AM In reply to

• Keith R
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,370

Hello again Pilot

Re laptop Model Name ...

Satellite Part No PSPPNA - 09700M 

Ser No 2F015XXXX

Apart from that the only other info is related to radio device...

Regards

Keith R 

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 11:39 AM In reply to

• Pilot
    • Not Ranked
    • Tel Aviv
    • Posts 63
    • Points 735

Keith,

I found now what your laptop model name is SATELLITE P70-B 

http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/computers/satellite/p70/psppna-09700m/specifications

You may need a model name for driver downloads or BIOS updates.

:-)

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 11:48 AM In reply to

• Keith R
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,370

Hello Pilot 

Re laptop Model Name ...

I should have included:-

Model Name ... Toshiba P70 B

17.3" HD screen

Haswell Processor

Discreet Nvidia Video Card

16Gb Ram

Two Hard Drives

The official Toshiba site promotes this model -

"Very capable Work Station for Video Editing"

Regards

Application Manager and other issues aside -

does this qualify for Media  Composer First ..??

Keith A

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 12:35 PM In reply to

• Keith R
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,370

Hello Pilot

Seriously:-

Why would I mess with the Bios and Drivers when it runs Media Composer 8.9 full version and any other  without any issues .. "if it aint broke don't fix it"

My issue was with the "Application Manager won't initialize" 

In all we don't have a problem with Computers we have a problem with that Application Manager i am not qualified to comment further other than to say I will sign off for now on this particularly if it is not an known issue related to Media Composer First... happy to accept for what-ever reason not successfull with this one . not qualified to comment further or dive deeper into this issue  .. maybe at a later date ..

kind Regards

Keith A

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 3:11 PM In reply to

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the additional information and time looking into this, I appreciate the effort on your part. 
    So if I understand you correctly, Media Composer proper (with App Manager) works successfully. Is that correct?

If that's the case, then I understand this problem even less. 

Can you confirm you were able to activate Media Composer? 

Would you be willing to try a newer version of App Manager (being released today), which should remain even if you reinstall MC or MC | First? 

When you get the chance, please let me know what you think. 

Thanks

~Keith

Keith R:

Hello Pilot

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i7 472HQ

16Gb Ram

Storage 931 GB (Toshiba)

(Pilot - quote) - I need to know how this program works on different computers.(unquote) 

Keith - only intent is to be helpful not negative - I have come around to the point where maybe this program particularly the Application Manager is problamatic , last night I ran the full Media Composer on this laptop no issues . removed it completely and attempted to re-install MCF - failed again "Application Manager won't initialize"if there is any logic in this issue shorly if Media Composer and anything else will Initialize and run .. ?

(Pilot - quote)  I need to know how this program works on different Computers. (unquote)

The short answer for me is - this Application Manager and Version of Media Composer won't run on any of our Computers.

Again only responding , I do not intend to upset the Church ..!! 

i intend to leave it for now  and thanks again ...

Regards

Keith R

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 17 2017 6:20 PM In reply to

• Pilot
    • Not Ranked
    • Tel Aviv
    • Posts 63
    • Points 735

Keith R:

Hello Pilot

Seriously:-

Why would I mess with the Bios and Drivers when it runs Media Composer 8.9 full version and any other  without any issues .. "if it aint broke don't fix it"

My issue was with the "Application Manager won't initialize" 

You're right, but the option to download updated drivers or BIOS can be useful to improve the performance of any computer.

In this case, this was not related specifically to this issue. 

Hope, this issue already been fixed in the newer version 17.8 of App Manager.

Best regards

Page 3 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller