Latest post Thu, Jun 22 2017 11:27 AM by Terry Snyder. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 22 2017 11:27 AM

BCC effect and color correction freeze MC

I applied a BCC effect to a clip (which already has a LUT applied).  When I attempt to color correct the clip in Symphony after the effect has been applied, I get a pop up window stating "Only CC Effect Correction can be applied to filter."  I can't hit "Ok" because MC locks up and I have to hit CTL+ALT+DEL to exit MC and then restart.  

However, if I first add a Symphony CC and then apply the BCC effect and then try to color correct without stepping in, I still get the message ("Only CC Effect Correction can be applied to filter")  but MC does not freeze.  This seems to happen with quite a few BCC effects.   This time, it was the spotlight effect.

I realize I have to step in to color correct after applying the BCC effect, but sometimes I forget and the program's freezing up causes me to loose the most recent edits after the re-start.   Also, once the BCC effect is applied, Symphony's "green line" indicating a color correction is no longer visible unless I step in.

I'm using BBC 8 with Symphony 8.6.1

MC 8.6.1 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller