Latest post Mon, Aug 7 2017 9:13 PM by Job ter Burg. 47 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jun 17 2017 9:09 PM In reply to

• damien78
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 7 2014
    • Zurich
    • Posts 11
    • Points 105

Re: Free Symphony with reinstatement - only for upgraders/expired licenses?

I really believe that, in this matter, the problem is not the discounted price for the "reinstallement plan": It's more that people currently on active plan have to pay more to access the same option than people with a lapsed plan. Since Symphony is offered to them for free as advertised, I have some difficulties to imagine what offerings could be fair for all... perhaps, drop the option once for all and included all the tools in the standard version...wishfull thinking for sure!

• Sun, Jun 18 2017 3:58 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

nicov:

Hi Marianna,

I've just bought the promotion to update and old mc license at the end of the last offer a month or so ago, I rushed a bit because of the posts you've made to advice that it was the last chance, the last day, only to find out next day that it was extended till june 30th and now this... I wasn't in a hurry and would have gladly waited to benefit friom the included symphony option that's now added to the deal... i was kind of hoping that with the new subsscription models avid had made things clearer as far as pricing but it jus reminds me of the old days where it was near impossible to anticipate future costs of upgrading and crossgrading... Not a great incentive to keep clients up to date... Well, it's frustrating to say the least...Maybe a good idea would be to offer the symph option to those who bought in the offer just a few weeks before, just maybe ;)

Best,

Nicolas

Nicov

The promo....   which started Monday, June 12th through June 30th......    anyone who reinstate their plan or start a new plan will have access to the latest version of Media Composer, plus they’ll receive a license for the Symphony Option as part of their reinstatement.   And as a special bonus, any customer who has already purchased a Reinstatement as of April 1, 2017 will also receive the Symphony Option – absolutely free!

Ping me via email and I can check your system ID - also send the My Avid email....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Sun, Jun 18 2017 4:01 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

diegoborgh:

Kate,

I understand how difficult it might be to try to make everybody happy especially when you need to incentivize new people to return to your platform. Having said that, I think you should have thought a bit more about the repercussions of such offer to your loyal customers who year after year keep renewing their contracts to support Avid. It does leave a bitter taste and makes me think if I should renew next time.

How about this for a possible solution? Let us also participate in this offer, we pay $385 or whatever this offer is, we get an additional year extended to our support contract, and we get Symphony for free. I think we all win and it's fair for everyone.

Diego.....  

I will send this along to Kate as she looks to what might be done the second half of the year...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Sun, Jun 18 2017 4:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

ns400r:

This is silly. Why not make it for those that are also on a plan right now? The details were vague in the offer so I also renewed early - only to find out now that I am out of "luck"

Who decides these "offers" anyway? I understand getting people back to Avid but what about those that have paid and kept up to date?

ns400r...

As Kate indicated....   Product management is looking at ways to do somethng for those that have ben loyal and paid year after year.... 

Should know more soon...

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Sun, Jun 18 2017 4:06 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Telegram!:

I sometimes think about those "non-perpetual" Monthly Subscription plans regularly shown over at the Avid.com store that include the Symphony option @ $49/mo.   (and sometimes discounted at year's end, as I recall)

or this:

Media Composer 3-Year Subscription Agreement (Paid Upfront)  $1,259.00 - doing the math, that is $299 x 3 (for Support x3), plus one gets not just the Symphony option, but the other software extras for approx $120/year.

I agree that it is hard to see the Symphony option tossed in as a "sweetener" to entice wayward former customers back to the fold, but it's not like Avid isn't trying to provide a variety of options for all kinds of customers. That said, perhaps there could be a loyalty/points system to reward the perpetual true-believers and multiple-seat licensees, like myelf, who probably do not tie up the support phone lines all that much.

It will be interesting to see the upcoming offerings.

I had one Symphony-activated MC Dongle that I let fall off the grid a couple years ago at v8, to save $, so I am eligible for this deal. I do appreciate the outreach.

Sending this along to kate.  Nicely thought out. 

Thanks telegram!

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Sun, Jun 18 2017 6:05 PM In reply to

I'm still confused - it seems established on this thread that this is NOT available for those who are renewing.  For renewals, it appears to be a $299 renewal, plus $799 Symphony add-on.  That's assuming that "reinstatement" (expiring a license then coming back) is different from "renewing" (purchasing a new year while on an existing plan).

However, Avid's Google+ post about it implies that renewals ARE included:

"Renew your Media Composer Support Plan before the end of this month for just $399 and receive the Symphony Option, normally $749, for FREE! Don't miss out on this exceptional offer—valid only until June 30, 2017"

Which one is correct?  If renewals are included in the offer (i.e. renew your MC license for $399, get the Symphony option included), great - that seems to be a fair resolution, and a great option for those who need the Symphony tools in the short term, no matter what may come of Symphony down the road.

If that's the case (as at least one poster on this thread who bought the option implies..), it seems like resellers have to be educated on this, and the Avid Store needs to clarify this.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 8.9.3 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 19 2017 1:54 AM In reply to

• ns400r
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 9 2011
    • Nova Scotia/Toronto
    • Posts 28
    • Points 450

https://plus.google.com/+Avid/posts/5A1aAB9a5uB

"Renew your Media Composer Support Plan before the end of this month for just $399 and receive the Symphony Option, normally $749, for FREE! Don't miss out on this exceptional offer—valid only until June 30, 2017. bit.ly/free-symphony"

The wording suggests those that renewed early and by the end of June should receive the upgrade. Huh?

MC8.6.1, WIN10 - Dell T7500, Dual 5660 Xeon, 48GB ram, K2000D, GTX780SC, 12TB mini-sas, 12TB USB 3, Davinci Resolve Studio 12.5.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 19 2017 2:00 AM In reply to

So if I buy a renewal, even though mine exprires dec 2017, I can add a year to my current support plan? Menaning it will extend to dec 2018?

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 7:29 AM In reply to

• damien78
    • Not Ranked
    • Zurich
    • Posts 11
    • Points 105

That's beyond me... Is it possible to have a clear and detail explanation on the current situation and future offers and not a marketing speach? This is clearly indicated "Renew" in your communication but when I click on it it send me to an "upgrade" page ! If even Avid is not capable of using the right word, how are we supposed to understand?

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 8:27 AM In reply to

damien78:

If even Avid is not capable of using the right word, how are we supposed to understand?

Because Avid has communicated to us right here via their Customer Advocate and Media Composer's Product Manager that it's for upgrades only. I don't know what else you need to hear?

MC 8.2, AvidFX 6.4, BCC 8.2, Squeeze 8.1, QT 7.7.3, Nvidia driver 310.90, Window 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, IE9. Quadro 2000 and 600 videocards (three... [view my complete system specs]

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 8:44 AM In reply to

• damien78
    • Not Ranked
    • Zurich
    • Posts 11
    • Points 105

Have you read the last three posts? Have you read Avid post on Google+? 

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 8:48 AM In reply to

Yes, I have. And read the Google + post. And when I click the link, it mentions upgrade, not renwal.

Seriously speaking, what is it in what Marianna and Kate have posted here that leads you to believe this offer is not just for upgrades?

MC 8.2, AvidFX 6.4, BCC 8.2, Squeeze 8.1, QT 7.7.3, Nvidia driver 310.90, Window 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, IE9. Quadro 2000 and 600 videocards (three... [view my complete system specs]

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 8:54 AM In reply to

• damien78
    • Not Ranked
    • Zurich
    • Posts 11
    • Points 105

Don't want to over-react, but at first Marianna seems not to be aware of this offer, then Avid marketing said that it is not for current users on plan but there will be offers for loyal customers (but they didn't say anything specfic for color corrections), and see what they can do...and now this post with incorrect wordings. So I find it confusing to say the least ...

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 9:01 AM In reply to

The "see what they can do" was I believe was concerning if you let Symphony lapse but kept MC current would you still be eligable. 

I think Avid has been clear everywhere but on Google+.

BTW, there are a lot people who upgraded their MC versions by using the FCP cross promotion. Which I would think means that they actually have an old license of MC that they have forgotten about. I would *think* that old license could be upgraded, but I honestly don't know for sure.

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 9:20 AM In reply to

I suspect the truth is that loyal customers are just that loyal and don;t need deals to stay loyal.

Whereas new customers have to be tempted over.

Its the same everywhere. Car insurance, house insurance, club memberships.

They all offer deals to new customers but little for existsing.

Its going to be down to the maths. Do delas for loyal customers and you lose some money. Do deals for new customers you make money.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 2 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller