Latest post Wed, Jun 14 2017 8:07 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 12 2017 4:21 PM

• ryguy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 30 2009
    • Posts 141
    • Points 1,995

Avid Log Exchange

Hi All, I am trying to find out info about using Avid Log Exchange workflow and have not had any luck. 

What we would like to do is, while on a shoot, the producer will be writing down info on all the shots we take, such as name of clip and in and out timecodes. 

Then the producer will create a text file with that info on only the good takes.

I would then import all the clips and then import the producers ALE text file

Avid would pull all those good clips into a bin for me so that I could then drop all of those good clips into a timeline and have a rough edit to start from. 

I am looking for info on how this Avid Log Exchange thing works and if this workflow makes sense, is it doable?

Main Workstation: Dell Precision T7600, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E5-2687W @ 3.10GHz 2x, 64GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 4000, Running Avid Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 14 2017 8:07 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Log Exchange

Sounds like a lot of work for the Producer and the chances of errors very high. To log the correct clip name as well as in out timecodes is a big ask.

It makes far more sense to have a copy of MC on a laptop and load sources and make selections and then send that across.

I've not known anyone to try that workflow for years, maybe even decades and that was when it was tapebased.

With tapeless sources its a lot more complex. Clip name isn't enough to be sure of an exact match. You may need card number of file location. And some sources have UMIDS (64 byte long codes) to match content.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller