Latest post Mon, Jun 26 2017 4:45 PM by Marianna. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 7 2017 2:32 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,557
    • Points 111,680
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Media Composer Promotions : Good thru June 30th 2017

Avid Promotional Offers good thru June 30th 2017  Yes

#1    Media Composer Upgrade @$399 USD - get back in the game!!!  Good through June 30th 2017

A nearly 70% off the price you would normally have to pay to get the latest Media Composer features if you don’t have an upgrade plan!  Customers that have an older version of Media Composer, Symphony, or NewsCutter—even as far back as v3…… Or maybe they have a more recent version of Media Composer, but let their Annual Upgrade and Support Plan expire…………

For a limited period only, customers can upgrade to the latest version of Media Composer, which includes a 1-year Annual Upgrade and Support Plan that provides access to all future releases and expert help when needed, for only $399 (USD). That’s nearly 70% off the price they would normally have to pay to get the latest Media Composer features if they don’t have an upgrade plan!

See more of what they are missing

Learn more about the latest Media Composer

Take advantage now through the Avid Store or your local reseller.

*This special offer is available to Media Composer 3 and higher, Symphony 3 and higher, and NewsCutter 7 and higher software owners through June 30, 2017 only. 

#2    50% off Antares SoundSoap 5 through June 30th, 2017

Exclusive for Pro Tools and Media Composer Users: Get 50% off Antares SoundSoap 5 through June 30th, 2017  |  We want to make sure you’re aware of a time-limited promotion for Antares SoundSoap 5 that’s going on for Pro Tools and Media Composer users during the month of June. SoundSoap 5 is the AAX Plug-in relied on by countless Pro Tools and Media Composer users to renew and restore audio content. Rescue your recordings from noise problems like air conditioners, traffic, fans, hiss, hum, clicks, pops, crackles, distortion/clipping, and low volume. Bring unusable footage back to life—SoundSoap is perfect for anyone working with interviews, music, video projects, voiceovers, screencasts, podcasts, transferring LPs or cassettes, and more. With just a few simple controls, anyone can remove clicks and crackles, unwanted hiss, room noise, rumble, electrical hum, clipping, low volume, and other background noises from recordings.

If you have an account on Avid.com with any version of Pro Tools or Media Composer activated (including the free Pro Tools|First), just go to your Account Page and click on “My Products and Subscriptions” and you’ll see the product in your "My Special Offers" tab. Right now, get SoundSoap 5 for only $75 US (reg. $149). Learn more here, then grab it before June 30th to get your 50% savings.

# 3   50% off NewBlue Titler Pro 5 & NewBlue Transitions 3 Ultimate through June 30th, 2017

Exclusive for Media Composer Users: Get 50% off NewBlueFX Titler Pro 5 and NewBlueFX Transitions 3 Ultimate through June 30th, 2017 | We want to make sure you’re aware of a time-limited promotion for the sought-after Titling and Transitions Tools from NewBlueFX available exclusively for Media Composer users during the month of June. Save 50% on NewBlueFX Titler Pro 5 and Transitions 3 Ultimate (only $149 each - reg. $299). Non-US pricing may vary.

NewBlueFX Titler Pro 5 lets you create stunning titles in seconds by applying one of over 100 animated templates, then you can customize the text, colors and more for a powerful result. When you’ve got more titles in a project than you know what to do with, rely on Titler Pro 5’s multi-title management system to help you quickly apply changes to multiple titles in an instant or dive deep into a particular design. Titler Pro 5 takes the guesswork out of creating powerful, animated and multi-dimensional titles, allowing you to focus on editing your story.

Want more? Get to the next scene in gripping fashion with NewBlueFX Transitions 3 Ultimate. Add a dose of momentum to otherwise plain transitions with bold, energized movement. Perfect for action-packed footage, its motion transitions push your audience into the next scene.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Jun 9 2017 4:56 PM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 870
    • Points 11,205

Re: Media Composer Promotions : Good thru June 30th 2017

Marianna:

NewBlueFX Titler Pro 5 lets you create stunning titles in seconds by applying one of over 100 animated templates, then you can customize the text, colors and more for a powerful result. When you’ve got more titles in a project than you know what to do with, rely on Titler Pro 5’s multi-title management system to help you quickly apply changes to multiple titles in an instant or dive deep into a particular design. Titler Pro 5 takes the guesswork out of creating powerful, animated and multi-dimensional titles, allowing you to focus on editing your story.

Want more? Get to the next scene in gripping fashion with NewBlueFX Transitions 3 Ultimate. Add a dose of momentum to otherwise plain transitions with bold, energized movement. Perfect for action-packed footage, its motion transitions push your audience into the next scene.

Hi Marianna,

following your enthusiastic advise, I bought Titler 5 Pro. It may be a good titler, however there is no documentation and only very limited help files. With this severe shortcoming, it will take my weeks or months to fully understand and use it. In sofar it is not worth the money I spent.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Fri, Jun 9 2017 7:14 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,194
    • Points 41,350
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

You should check out the tutorials on the NewBlueFX website. Which does not excuse the lack of a good manual, but it'll get you going.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC 8.7, MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Fri, Jun 9 2017 7:58 PM In reply to

• GT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • South Africa
    • Posts 340
    • Points 3,750

MC Ver 5.0.3, Intel Core I5, NVidia Quadro FX 570, 16Gb Ram, 250 Gb system drive, 2 Tb Render/Media drive, Windows 7 64bit Pro, QT 7.6.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 9 2017 9:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,557
    • Points 111,680
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Joachim Claus:

Hi Marianna,

following your enthusiastic advise, I bought Titler 5 Pro. It may be a good titler, however there is no documentation and only very limited help files. With this severe shortcoming, it will take my weeks or months to fully understand and use it. In sofar it is not worth the money I spent.

Joachim

I just sent a note to Todor at NewBlue.....    

Stand by

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Sat, Jun 10 2017 9:16 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 870
    • Points 11,205

@Dave and GT,

I agree, that there are numerous publications on YouTube and some tutorials on MewBlue's homepage, however their software is high priced commercial and not freeware. I expect reasonable documentation for professional software.

Joachim 

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Sat, Jun 10 2017 7:13 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,194
    • Points 41,350
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Joachim Claus:
     I expect reasonable documentation for professional software.
    Like I said, no real excuse. Good documentation should be sine qua non for all commercial software. There's even a lot of freeware software out there with more comprehensive manuals than for Title Pro 5.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC 8.7, MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Tue, Jun 13 2017 10:37 PM In reply to

Hi guys, we hear you!  I run the Tech Support at NewBlue and I am actively working to get our help expanded to be more comprehensive, along with adding a video learning series to cover all the basic opperations of Titler Pro 5.  I would love to hear your feedback on any specific information you found lacking as well as any workflow challenges you ran into that you did not feel were addressed.  If you're able to take a moment to email your comments to support@newblueinc.com (please mark your message Attn: Caleb), it would be much appreciated!

In the meantime, we do have a lot of good tutorials on working with Titler Pro here: https://www.newbluefx.com/tutorials/?type=&category%5B%5D=titling

And of course, don't hesitate to reach out to our support with any questions you have.

• Tue, Jun 13 2017 11:39 PM In reply to

• Fazz Powell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 3 2006
    • Annapolis, MD
    • Posts 333
    • Points 4,630

Thanks Caleb - You know my level of frustration and disappointment with TP5. I bought the full-boat version for $499 and I'm really frustrated that so many character genertor basics are missing. And yeah, no manual is not very professional. I really don't want to watch a tutorial which may dole out a smal nugget of the information I'm looking for, like the "guides" issue. I want to go to an index and find the topic. I've said it many times...find a version of Inscriber (which sadly was busted with the AVX2 "upgrade" on Avid) and look at how briallant that program was. Inscriber will show you everything that is how a CG should work. Stuff like... I don't get if I have and in-out point set in the Avid timeline and go into TP5 the length of the animation doesn't match the length of the in-out. Boris does this just fine. And then there's the lack of setting Y axis spacing for lines below/above...and many, many, many other issues

MC 8.8.5 w/Symphony option. NitrisDX, HP Z800 Dual 2.67Ghz, 96GB Ram, Nvidia M4000, BCC10, Sapphire10, TitlePro5, ProTools 10.5,Terrablock 24XS Multi-Write... [view my complete system specs]

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

• Wed, Jun 14 2017 6:55 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 870
    • Points 11,205

CalebCNewblue:

In the meantime, we do have a lot of good tutorials on working with Titler Pro here: https://www.newbluefx.com/tutorials/?type=&category%5B%5D=titling

And of course, don't hesitate to reach out to our support with any questions you have.

Hi Caleb,

I am not looking for tutorials, which do not really focus on what I need. Turorials are an excellent medium for didicated functions. However they do not serve as a good means to look for a desired process/procedure. I do not like to view a 20 minutes tutorial, and by the end I observe the issue I am looking for was not covered.

I like to see a documentation with an index of all important features and their related working steps. For a software in this price range and which pretends to address professional editors, a well made documentation is mandatory.

Joachim

Joachim Claus

• Sun, Jun 18 2017 12:30 PM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,269
    • Points 52,890

Wow, the not so long ago time when all industry software came with impressive printed reference books. I still have the MC 4 reference book. Writing good reference takes time in the fast moving release cycle demanded by economic and marketing pressures, and allowances for employing an experienced staff of technical writers.

I realize that actual printed materials are no longer considered "green".

Not sure we'll see the traditional emphasis on that level of documentation aspect anymore.

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 8.8.5 Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 13/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 5:30 AM In reply to

• carlgmi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Western Australia
    • Posts 736
    • Points 9,080

+1 for a manual.

There is sooo much to like in NewBlue Titler 5 but....  only uses 1 core to render out the title... like WOW for a modern piece of software.  Also it is flakey... try this...

Create a title in Premiere Pro (in this example)... -New Item - Titler Pro 5...
    Put some text on it etc and apply, drag the slug onto the timeline...  Call that "Title 01"

Hey, want to duplicate that, and make some changes saving the result as a new title "Title 02" to use elsewhere on the timeline....? Copy and paste the title from the timeline - you have 2 titles with the same name... OK.... so far so good.  Open it, save it as "Title 02" and apply.

come back to it the next day, double click the new slug - if you are paying attention you will, at this stage, notice it is still called "Title 01" in the timeline even though you gave it a new name. Make changes and apply...  but oh, what's this, the other title - "title 01" earlier on the timeline has also changed... becuase even though you saved out a new copy yesterday, the one that opens is the old template and is linked to the other slug (no it doesn't use a saved template) and becuase you didn't save over the old save file, any changes you make ripple through all other instances of that title in the timeline.   OMG, we have this in Avid, PP and every time we use this titler it causes us such frustration.  Soooo close to being really good... but just not quite there in reliability or "expected" behavior.

And render an animated title - would you like that with or without flashing frames??  Clear all the caches, reload the title and it comes good... sometimes... or sometimes you have to make the whole thing again.  and this on 2 different workstations, on Avid and PP, before and after clean installs on both workstations after rebuilds, on Win 7 and Win 10...

sorry to rant - all I want is a reliable titling program for basic non AvidFX/AE titles, and NBT5 should be it - it just isn't quite there for reliable workflow.  Avid should take a look at Premiere Pro's CC 2017 basic titler - does the job quickly with most of the things you need - think Marquee updated with no fixed media created in the bin.  Is this what we can expect from Avid as our 2017 "New Generation" titler?  I really hope so.

MC8.6.5 Win 7 64 with Dongle, Dual 10 core Xeon, Quadro K4000, Adaptec RAID 5-8x3TB, External TB2 4x3TB, 64G RAM, BM Intensity Pro 4K. [view my complete system specs]

Vote 1 - Dongles.

UME an old engine, now with 4K, mags and furry dice....

• Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:32 AM In reply to

• Fazz Powell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 3 2006
    • Annapolis, MD
    • Posts 333
    • Points 4,630

Yep TP5 is about half-baked. I have so many werid things going on. I'm by NO means an expert but since they can't manage to publish a manual...check your files aren't "shared" as part of their random "library'. You should be able to see this in the lower left on your fies names and right click to change properties to unshare. You may need to drag around their three dots "menu" system " to find these handles. All titles should be "unsharded: until to you figure  out how that works, or they properly explain it. Also disable "enable cache" and "POI cache"-whatever that means. (I'm not in front of my machine now) AVID character generators have always been very poor. TP5 continues that tradition. Inscriber was hands down the best NLE CG until GVG killed it to not support AVX2... I guess to give more value to Edius, which really went no-where.

MC 8.8.5 w/Symphony option. NitrisDX, HP Z800 Dual 2.67Ghz, 96GB Ram, Nvidia M4000, BCC10, Sapphire10, TitlePro5, ProTools 10.5,Terrablock 24XS Multi-Write... [view my complete system specs]

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

• Wed, Jun 21 2017 11:00 PM In reply to

• Ken Lent
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 18 2007
    • California
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,190

The SoundSoap installer only seems to install a standalone version.  How do you install the SoundSoap plug-in for Media Composer?

Core i7 930 PC 2.8GHz / 18GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64bit SP1 / nVidia Quadro K2200 (driver 375.86) / MC 8.8.5 (Symphony) / BCC AVX 10.0.2 / NewBlue Titler Pro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 22 2017 2:44 AM In reply to

• Ken Lent
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 18 2007
    • California
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,190

Never mind.  My mistake.  The installer slipped the effect into MC without fanfare.

Core i7 930 PC 2.8GHz / 18GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64bit SP1 / nVidia Quadro K2200 (driver 375.86) / MC 8.8.5 (Symphony) / BCC AVX 10.0.2 / NewBlue Titler Pro... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller