Latest post Sat, May 27 2017 1:05 AM by schuehlieh. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 26 2017 11:47 PM

Media Offline and Avid MC not able to save into external Hard drive

Hello there, 

I am in a big trouble right now because Avid shows me some files offline without an apparent reason, because the MFX are there where they should be.

I got the project from another editor (not sure which version he was on, mine is the 8.6.1) and at the beginning the project opened fine,reconnecting all the media. Then after the first time I opened it, some files went off line and they never came back. The weird thing is that most of the offline files are audio, some of those belong to those clips that are online, and that makes everything even more weird.

But the biggest problem is that if I try to import the files, Avid will allow me to save the new MXF only on my Macintosh HD, not on the external hard drive where I am working on. So that means that whenever I will need to handle the project to the online editor, he will get some files offline as well.

This is really weird and I am reading any troubleshooting site without any luck. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

• Sat, May 27 2017 12:04 AM In reply to

Re: Media Offline and Avid MC not able to save into external Hard drive

Have you tried making sure all the drive and folder permissions are reset to Read and Write for Users?
    Have you run a Repair Permissions?
    If you delete the Avid database files in the affected drives Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1 folder does MC rebuild them when you start MC?

• Sat, May 27 2017 1:05 AM In reply to

Re: Media Offline and Avid MC not able to save into external Hard drive

Perhaps your external drive is formatted as NTFS and this is why you can only read but can't write to it? This would be the case, when you try out Andrews Tip and MC isn't able to rebuild databases. And check if your audio project file setting is set to OMF(aif/wav) or MXF

hth

j

MC 2018.4 @ OS10.10.5 w/matrox mini 2x2.26 quad-core intel xeon w/32gb in my production company and MC 2018.7.1 @ OS 10.10.5 on macbook pro for teaching... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller