Latest post Fri, Apr 21 2017 4:15 PM by RalphC. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 19 2017 11:00 PM

• farhadd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 27 2010
    • Posts 24
    • Points 285

Minor Media Composer UI bug confirmed in 8.8

There is a minor UI bug in Media Composer for Mac (we're running 8.5.3 mostly but I tested on 8.8.0 and found the same issue).

Let's say you have a bin with a bunch of clips in it- 01.mov 02.mov etc. Let's say you have a sequence using some of those clips. If you match frame one of the clips into the source monitor, then find bin on that clip, it will highlight it in its respective bin. All good. However, If you shift click a different clip in that bin in order to select all the clips in between them, the Avid might not select the right ones.

Here's why- when you shift click that second clip, the Avid's starting point for that shift click was the previous clip highlighted in the bin. NOT the one which was recently highlighted by the find bin command. I'll give you an example to help clarify.

You have a bin with (01.mov 02.mov... 10.mov) in it (alphabetized in list view). You have 05.mov highlighted in the bin. You are working in your sequence. You park the playhead on a section that's using 07.mov. You match frame, then find bin. 07.mov is now highlighted in your bin. You shift click 03.mov. Instead of having 03.mov through 07.mov highlighted (as you'd expect), you now see 03.mov through 05.mov highlighted.

It's a minor nuisance (basically you just have to click the 07.mov clip once, then shift click 03.mov to fix the issue), but it's easy to replicate and I'm sure it's an easy fix. Thanks.

• Thu, Apr 20 2017 2:25 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,165
    • Points 12,655
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Minor Media Composer UI bug confirmed in 8.8

Hi farhadd, 

I can't find your Avid master account email, can you send me pm? I'll ask support to repro this.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 21 2017 3:38 PM In reply to

I can reproduce this in 8.8.2 ... not a deal killer by any stretch, 'tho.

2010 Mac Pro 2.66 GHz 12-core 64GB GTX 780 Solid State Boot 8x Fibre to Terrablock Currently running 10.11.6 El Capitan Symphony 8.7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 21 2017 4:15 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,165
    • Points 12,655
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Jason Sedmak:

I can reproduce this in 8.8.2 ... not a deal killer by any stretch, 'tho.

Thanks, the issue is logged bug MCCET-1847.

Thanks,
    RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller