Latest post Wed, Apr 26 2017 10:14 AM by Jakub V. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 14 2017 4:01 PM

changing clip color

hello i want to change the clip color. i need to have all the clips belonging to a certain part having a color, then all the clips belonging to another parts having anothe color and so on

i found somethunf about clip color but it is content relate (audio, video etc..)

can i do what i want to do?

thanks

CPU I7 2600k 3.4ghz Ram 32gb Ssd 256gb GPU Nvidia GTX760 Win 10 Avid Media 8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 18 2017 6:11 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,623
    • Points 18,580

Re: changing clip color

If you want to colour segments on the timeline different colours use this method from the Avid help file:

Assigning Local Colors to Clips in the Timeline   You can assign local colors to clips in the Timeline — for example, to indicate clips that you want to group together or to make clips stand out while you work in the Timeline. For more information on clip colors in the Timeline, see Displaying Clip Colors in the Timeline. To assign a local clip color: 1. Click the Timeline Fast Menu button, and select Clip Color. The Clip Color dialog box opens. 2. Select Timeline Local, and then click OK. 3. Select one of the segment tools in the Timeline palette, and select a clip you want to color. 4. Do one of the following: Select Edit > Set Local Clip Color > color to select a standard color. Select Edit > Set Local Clip Color > Pick to select a custom color from the Windows Color dialog box. The assigned local color appears in the clip in the Timeline. If you want to assign colours to different sources in the timeline - eg cam1, cam2, cam3 you can do this by displaying source colours in your timeline and assigning different colours to the different source clips in your bin using the colour column.  1. Click the Timeline Fast Menu button, and select Clip Color. The Clip Color dialog box opens. 2. Select Source, and then click OK. Any colours you've assigned to source clips in your bin will now be displayed for the individual clips in your timeline.
    HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Tue, Apr 18 2017 6:27 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,623
    • Points 18,580

Mondo:
    4. Do one of the following: Select Edit > Set Local Clip Color > color to select a standard color. Select Edit > Set Local Clip Color > Pick to select a custom color from the Windows Color dialog box. The assigned local color appears in the clip in the Timeline.

Actually these commands appear to be missing in action. Perhaps they've been moved in one of the many upgrades to somewhere else but I can't find them. Anyone?

Anyways source side colour still works.

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Tue, Apr 18 2017 8:53 PM In reply to

Mondo:
    I can't find them

In the timeline, segment-select a clip. Right-click the selected clip. From the contextual menu choose "Set Local Clip Color".

If you don't see any of that, I would first try fresh user settings.

Pic is from 8.5.3.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 18 2017 9:27 PM In reply to

ok i see that and try to apply

at first i selected a group of clip and applied a color

one clip get the color the other no

then the command seems to don t work anymore

i set a local color to different clips..but nothing change

CPU I7 2600k 3.4ghz Ram 32gb Ssd 256gb GPU Nvidia GTX760 Win 10 Avid Media 8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 18 2017 9:33 PM In reply to

i still can change the color of that clip..but the others will not change

• Tue, Apr 18 2017 11:56 PM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,623
    • Points 18,580

Job ter Burg:

Mondo:
    I can't find them

In the timeline, segment-select a clip. Right-click the selected clip. From the contextual menu choose "Set Local Clip Color".

If you don't see any of that, I would first try fresh user settings.

Pic is from 8.5.3.

Thanks for throwing up the solution Job. Funnily enough that was the first thing I tried. Unfortunately it didn't wok - not because of bad user settings but because it was a multicam timeline. Right clicking on any selection in a multicam timeline only brings up the camera selection menu. So Avid has broken this for multicam by removing it from the menu. Moreover their documentation is gradually becoming deeply flawed as it hasn't been properly re-written or addressed between versions.

John

• Tue, Apr 25 2017 8:55 AM In reply to

• Susi
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • London, UK
    • Posts 562
    • Points 6,505

I don't use multicam but in case it helps, I often give types of clips a color in the bin; this then carries over into timelines they appear in. Select the set you want to identify (in list or frame view - selection carries over) and then right-click in the color column to assign. Incredibly useful in the current timelapse project, bizarrely!

Media Composer 8.6.4 on 15" mid-2012 Macbook Pro (OSX10.11.6) 2.7GHz Intel, 8GB RAM Gizmos: CanonXF200; Canon 550D (DSLR); Hero Go-Pro3 and 4; Sony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 25 2017 9:07 AM In reply to

i can get to work it

oi color one clip..then i cannot color the others..looks like randomly works

help?

• Wed, Apr 26 2017 10:14 AM In reply to

• Jakub V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 24 2012
    • Prague
    • Posts 15
    • Points 125

Be sure to disable all other clip color modes (like SD/HD, AMA etc...) and clip color also doesnt work on clips with alpha (titles and so on)

Media Composer 8.8.1, Win7 SP 1 HP Z210 Workstation - Intel Xeon CPU E31240 3.30GHz, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M2000, Realtek High Definition Audio, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller