Latest post Wed, Jun 7 2017 1:49 PM by RalphC. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 8 2017 2:56 PM

• mhamilton
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Ottawa, Canada
    • Posts 1,571
    • Points 19,525

8.8.1 advising me to uninstall AMA Plug-ins. Am I okay to just trash them?

Hi again.  Update to 8.8.1 went perfectly, and I like the new interface it came up with on its own—nicer than the one I had.

I got two Avid Media Composer warning messages, though, and would like to check with someone who knows about this subject before I proceed.

One message said that "The AMA Plug-ins that provide support for Sony XDCAM, XAVC (etc.) are now being developed by nablet. Please uninstall the Sony AMA Plug-ins, and download/install the nablet AMA plug-ins from avid.com/ama

The other message said: "The following AMA Plug-ins are not compatible with this editor version: SonyXDCAM_64bit

Funny thing is, when I search for this plug-in, by name, nothing show up.

I have found two other Sony Plug-ins (Library/Application Support/Avid/AVX2_Plug-ins/AMA):  MVP_SonyXDCAMEX.avx and SonyXDCAM.avx

I don't see a way to officially uninstall them, so... should I just trash them?  (intuition tells me that that's what I should do, but I don't want to mess anything up, with a still project underway, for which I'll need to import footage from my Sony PXW-X200).

If that's what I should do, I'll do it, and then download/install the new (v.4.0.2) XAVC XDCAM AMA Plug-in.

I don't even use AMA; I always import my footage, but if this is what I should do, I'll do it.

Thanks for any advice,

Malcolm

Mac Pro 6-Core 3.3GHz • OSX 10.9.1 • Media Composer v7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 8 2017 5:14 PM In reply to

• mhamilton
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Ottawa, Canada
    • Posts 1,571
    • Points 19,525

Re: 8.8.1 advising me to uninstall AMA Plug-ins. Am I okay to just trash them?

that's what I did—I trashed the files, and installed the new one.  Only problem I'm having now is that Sony's Content Browser no longer works, but I don't think that has anything to do with Avid.  I'm working on it now.  Regards, Malcolm

Mac Pro 6-Core 3.3GHz • OSX 10.9.1 • Media Composer v7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 8 2017 7:39 PM In reply to

• Jim Allan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 7 2010
    • Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 90
    • Points 1,000

Yes, you're supposed to bring all the old AMA plug-ins to the trash, and then re-start your system.

New codecs can be found here: http://www.nablet.com/ama-plugins/

Some patience may be required with the Source Browser. Nablet will reply to your emails. I sent them some frame grabs and they helped me figure stuff out.

MC v2018.8 with Phrase Find on a 15" MacBook Pro (2017). OS High Sierra v10.13.6. 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7. 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3. Radeon Pro 560 4096... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 8 2017 7:52 PM In reply to

• Jim Allan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 7 2010
    • Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 90
    • Points 1,000

...and delete them when they are in the trash. Then re-start your system.

MC v2018.8 with Phrase Find on a 15" MacBook Pro (2017). OS High Sierra v10.13.6. 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7. 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3. Radeon Pro 560 4096... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 8 2017 10:24 PM In reply to

• mhamilton
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Ottawa, Canada
    • Posts 1,571
    • Points 19,525

thank you Jim...

Malcolm

• Wed, Jun 7 2017 12:33 PM In reply to

I have the same question.  I do not see an uninstaller with the plug-ins and it is not clear from a hard drive search which files need to be removed. Thanks for the tips here. Alice

Mac Pro and MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 7 2017 1:49 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,638
    • Points 18,000
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Alice,

HD>Library>Application Support>Avid>AVX2_Plug-ins>AMA, try to move the .avx to other location see if this fix the issue. I'm no Mac guy feel free to correct the path if needed.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller