Latest post Tue, Mar 28 2017 11:00 PM by jkalbfleisch. 38 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 23 2017 3:54 PM

An unexpected error occurred checking in asset

Can somebody see what my unexpected error is?

I was following the guide located here.

http://localhost/docs/Interplay_WS_Reference_Guide.html#ref_assetsService_checkInAAF

I am attempting to execute the following command. I replaced the huge base64 encoded string to keep the message at a readable length

<x:Envelope xmlns:x="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:typ="http://avid.com/interplay/ws/assets/types">

<x:Header>

<typ:UserCredentials>

{my credenitals, that work fine}

</typ:UserCredentials>

</x:Header>

<x:Body>

<typ:CheckInAAF>

<typ:InterplayURI>interplay://EvertzWorkgroup/Projects/JEFFK/</typ:InterplayURI>

<typ:AAF>{VALID base64encoded AAF File string}</typ:AAF>

</typ:CheckInAAF>

</x:Body>

</x:Envelope>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comes back with an unexpected error about being unable to checkin, but if I drag the same file into the same interplay access project folder it works fine. I am pretty sure the base64 content is ok because I got error parsing XMLStream when it wasnt encoded to base64.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<soap:Body>

<soap:Fault>

<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>An unexpected error occurred checking in asset to interplay://EvertzWorkgroup/Projects/JEFFK/  null.</faultstring>

<detail>

<AssetsFaultType Code="OTHER_ERROR" xmlns="http://avid.com/interplay/ws/assets/types">

<Message>An unexpected error occurred checking in asset to interplay://EvertzWorkgroup/Projects/JEFFK/  null.</Message>

<Details>An unexpected error occurred checking in asset to interplay://EvertzWorkgroup/Projects/JEFFK/  null.</Details>

</AssetsFaultType>

</detail>

</soap:Fault>

</soap:Body>

</soap:Envelope>

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 7:11 PM In reply to

Re: An unexpected error occurred checking in asset

I should mention that when there is a SOAP syntax error soapUI comes back almost right away. But this message takes a while to come back, so that too in addition to the message makes me think the server accepts the request and my format is correct but something is going wrong while checking in.

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 8:26 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 17 2014
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,860
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

please share the aaf

dragging an aaf to Inteprlay Access will create a binary database object. A white/any other non asset icon means that the file is stored as is and is not a valid asset.

import AAF is a debug feature of Interplay Access and is not enabled by default

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 8:34 PM In reply to

I had to rename it with .txt so you need to rename it to .aaf

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 8:53 PM In reply to

1. What is the best way to look at the content of an aaf file to see what I am dealing with?

2. Can I use AMT with a linux GNU C++ compiler?

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 9:13 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,860
      Avid Employee

You can use the freely available AAF Toolkit to parse the contents of an AAF file. Please note that only AAF created by Avid tools are fully supported.

AMT is shipped and tested only with some Visual Studio and Xcode versions. We recommend the compiler AMT is build with going forward. There are succesfull implementations with different compilers and languages that support C++ library imports.

The earlier attached AAF imports successfully into our lab environment as TestSequence1 that references Heli_Cam masterclip.

You can see the result of the request below.

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 9:35 PM In reply to

really helpful, yes i can see that it works fine on your avid. I think that means I just need to figure out how to turn on imports as you suggested.

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 9:36 PM In reply to

in your test there how did you know what cid to put. the Content ID listed below is a filename.

Oh I see you can just look at the raw but mine still just says the filename

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 9:49 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,860
      Avid Employee

CID in the message matches attachment Part number. CID in the attachment is the filename. If thats what you're asking.

SoapUI will encode and inline the attachment automatically that is visiblein the Raw view

• Fri, Mar 24 2017 1:17 PM In reply to

right my soap seems to have a filename instead of a part # but I am guessing I just put the filename.

I attached an image.

I am thinking it must be that I need to enable AAF checkins on the server

• Fri, Mar 24 2017 1:22 PM In reply to

in regards to your comment.

"import AAF is a debug feature of Interplay Access and is not enabled by default"

do i need to contact my avid rep for that or can you just tell me how to enable it?

I dont know if I mentioned I am a programmer trying to make an automated process for checking content into avid.

• Fri, Mar 24 2017 1:37 PM In reply to

Also you mentioned the lab here. do you work at avid?

• Fri, Mar 24 2017 7:29 PM In reply to

My avid rep showed me how to enable the debug menu but the AAF Import/Export is greyed out?

is there a way to enable it, rather than just seeing its possible but not enabled.

• Fri, Mar 24 2017 8:17 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,860
      Avid Employee

Hi Jeff,

I don't see any issues from the request screenshot. Maybe something is set in your request properties.

Please let me know what you can see in the logs. The logs are in the IPWS installation folder under logs and apache-tomcat/logs folders

To import an AAF through Interplay Access just right click on the folder to import to when you have debug menu enabled.

Thanks

• Fri, Mar 24 2017 8:18 PM In reply to

Actually it looks like it is only not greyed out when I have a project or file selected so I think maybe the option in the debug menu is just for the file you have selected in the interface.

even though I enabled the debug menu using preferences options view settings Debiug Menu -> Enabled. I am still getting the same error when trying to use soap to checkInAAF.

I am wondering if there is a different debug enablement that you are referring to.

Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller