Latest post Sun, Mar 26 2017 8:05 AM by BenoitM. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 21 2017 10:46 AM

• BenoitM
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Brussels, Belgium
    • Posts 1,035
    • Points 12,685

processing order of renders (in background rendering)

Does anyone know the precise processing order of renders, when one starts an IN-to-OUT render of a timeline containing multiple different things to render, including AMA clips, Temporal Adapters, frameflexed Spatial Adapters, Avid effects, BCC effects, Source, segment & CC effects (Symphony), sometimes nested and applied to clips on different V tracks ?

Reasons for asking: where to start t'shooting when (background or normal) rendering freezes at e.g. 'Creating video effect 33 of 513', and you need to kill MC, restart the thing, reduce the render range until you find the offending range. Very time consuming, needless to say. How can I precisely spot effect #33 in the whole range ? I guess processing order is left-to-right, but what about multiple V layers, etc. ?

And this happens often enough to me to try finding a better t'shooting method than (dichotomy) trial-and-error; it's usually when I relink a sequence to the original AMA clips, after all effects have been tuned with the low-res proxy version of the sequence (often, the offending clip is a BCC effect in a nest, which apparently does not survive a relink, even after a Clear renders In/Out has been performed - and the workaround is to render the effect separately by stepping into the nest.)

MC 8.6.5 (Symph.)/BCC 10.0.5/RED 5.6; Matrox MXO2 Mini (8.0.0); DELL Precision M4700 - Intel Core i7-3740QM 2.7 GHz - 20 GB RAM; nVidia Quadro K2000M 2... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 21 2017 1:35 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,185
    • Points 106,920
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: processing order of renders (in background rendering)

Benoit,

Let me check for you...  Can you email me your MY Avid email address please?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Mar 24 2017 9:35 PM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 833
    • Points 10,710

BenoitM:

Does anyone know the precise processing order of renders, when one starts an IN-to-OUT render of a timeline containing multiple different things to render, including AMA clips, Temporal Adapters, frameflexed Spatial Adapters, Avid effects, BCC effects, Source, segment & CC effects (Symphony), sometimes nested and applied to clips on different V tracks ?

The background render process always starts with the lowest video track, and runs from start to end of the timeline (clip by clip). When all clips are done, it starts again at the beginning of the timeline and renders all transitions.

Then it does the same with one video track higher, and so on, until the last video tarnsition is finished.

The last step is rendering audio transitions/compositions, which is usually very quick.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7046A-3 Dual Xeon (Hexcore) X5670 2.93 GHz 24 GB RAM, PNY K2000D, Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Pro, 1 SSD 512 GB for dual boot OS (XP... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Sun, Mar 26 2017 8:05 AM In reply to

• BenoitM
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Brussels, Belgium
    • Posts 1,035
    • Points 12,685

Yes

MC 8.6.5 (Symph.)/BCC 10.0.5/RED 5.6; Matrox MXO2 Mini (8.0.0); DELL Precision M4700 - Intel Core i7-3740QM 2.7 GHz - 20 GB RAM; nVidia Quadro K2000M 2... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller