Latest post Wed, Mar 22 2017 12:28 PM by jkalbfleisch. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 20 2017 9:39 PM

Example of CheckInAAF needed

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

I am trying to use the example from the help doc as a guide. and would prefer not to use tom but rather just place the file in the right place.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:typ="http://avid.com/interplay/ws/assets/types">

<x:Header>

<typ:UserCredentials>

<typ:Username>*****</typ:Username>

<typ:Password>*****</typ:Password>

<typ:Extension/>

</typ:UserCredentials>

</x:Header>

<soapenv:Body>

<typ:CheckInAAF>

<typ:InterplayURI>interplay://EvertzWorkgroup/Projects/JEFFK</typ:InterplayURI>

<AAF>cid:992633612326</AAF>

<Attributes>

<Attribute Group="USER" Name="Camera Man">John Smith</Attribute>

</Attributes>

</typ:CheckInAAF>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

but I keep just getting this message back.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<soap:Body>

<soap:Fault>

<faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>

<faultstring>Error reading XMLStreamReader.</faultstring>

</soap:Fault>

</soap:Body>

</soap:Envelope>

I also tried to put the whole example with th MTOM binary in it but that had the same result. Can somebody provide an example of Check=InAAF that works or guide me what I am doing wrong.

• Mon, Mar 20 2017 9:47 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 17 2014
    • Posts 158
    • Points 2,000
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: Example of CheckInAAF needed

Hey Jeff,

For this command to work you need a valid AAF (that contains metadata the describes media) first.

Then you can encode smaller AAFs and put them into the XML inline or better enable MTOM and provide them as attachments.

You can use Avid Media Toolkit (AMT) to generate both AAF and Avid OpAtom MXF. MXF contains media essence that goes to a Nexis workspace and AAF contains metadata that checksin into Interplay database.

Thanks,

Vadym

• Tue, Mar 21 2017 1:22 PM In reply to

Thanks alot that clears a bunch of things up. I have some reading to do and I need to contact my avid rep to get the avid media toolkit.

• Tue, Mar 21 2017 7:38 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 158
    • Points 2,000
      Avid Employee

You're welcome. Please use the following link to apply for AMT http://www.avid.com/alliance-partner-program/connectivity-program

• Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:11 PM In reply to

Thanks again, I already took your advise, my employer is anxious to see this working. I got the AMT toolkit from our avid rep earlier today.

I am still going over the pdf about AMT and have some files made from it. I think from the pdf that the aaf file is like an xml reference file that points to the mxf wrapper files that have video and audio in them. I dont yet understand what happens if I move the file to the Nexis store. How can the aaf file still know where the mxf's are after I have moved them around? does it have something to do with needing to keep them in the same folder. Or do I have to leave them where they were made.

Me and another guy who works here are trying to figure out now why when I import using drag and drop the aaf file and the mxf files. The project files in interplay I have made all look like a paper with the corner folded instead of an icon like the test sequence.

when I click the mxf files i have dragged into avid they do launch in vlc. but there are no icons just that placeholder icon. I guess that means we need a png referenced in the aaf file for interplay to use as the icon.

I wanted to see it working as it should by dragging the files in before trying to use CheckInAAF.

• Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:39 PM In reply to

My above question relates to I want to drop the large MXF files somewhere on the Nexis storage and just transfer the aaf file through the SOAP call. which I think is the right thing to do. But I am concerned that I will be breaking the reference in the aaf to the mxf if I move them around.

• Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:53 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 158
    • Points 2,000
      Avid Employee

1. you need to follow certain steps to put files into PAM indexed location so that they don't get quarantined. Also the files need to be Avid OpAtom MXFs

2. GetLatest/CheckInAAF will preserve old file references (filemobs) which can be updated manually later through Interplay Access after the media is indexed in the new location

3. Some assets may not expose media file locations depending on the method used to retrieve them.

I'd recommend sticking with the existing solutions which can be automated through IPWS or use MediaComposer consolidate depending on the scenario you're looking into.

• Wed, Mar 22 2017 12:28 PM In reply to

hmm. that sounds daunting. Unfortunatly thats the whole project for me, I am working on how to communicate with avid. I am a programmer not an editor. I guess Ill have to contact my avid rep about what those certain steps are.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller