Latest post Mon, Mar 20 2017 4:23 PM by BenoitM. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 20 2017 3:40 PM

• BenoitM
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Brussels, Belgium
    • Posts 1,031
    • Points 12,625

urgent help: media deleted, can't (batch) re-import the backup media

I accidentally deleted a large media file, and now I want to reimport it using the reimport procedure (user guide p.243..)
    I get to the point where I have successfully pointed to the location of the backup copy of the missing file (consists of 3 files for a long DNxHD MXF clip, one video and two mono audio files).

Everything seems OK, and when I click "Import", I get the following errors:

"You cannot import this file into a bin.
    See the documentation blah blah.."

and

"Imported 0 of 1 clips.
    See console for more information"

and in the console:

"User abort of batch import.
    Batch imported 0 of 1 clips"

How do I reimport this mxf media without breaking hours of editing in the sequences using it ?

FWIW: the backup files are the DNxHD120 files as they were originally recorded by a BlackMagic Video Assist 4k device. They were originally imported in the project by placing them directly in a numbered folder in the Avid MediaFiles folder.

MC 8.6.5 (Symph.)/BCC 10.0.5/RED 5.6; Matrox MXO2 Mini (8.0.0); DELL Precision M4700 - Intel Core i7-3740QM 2.7 GHz - 20 GB RAM; nVidia Quadro K2000M 2... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 20 2017 3:58 PM In reply to

Re: urgent help: media deleted, can't (batch) re-import the backup media

BenoitM:
    They were originally imported in the project by placing them directly in a numbered folder in the Avid MediaFiles folder.
    Have you tried repeating this process with the backup file?

Close MC. Put the backup files an a new nujmber named folder in the F:\Avid MediaFiles\MXF folder. Start MC.  You should see MC index the folder. With luck your file will now be online. 

• Mon, Mar 20 2017 4:23 PM In reply to

• BenoitM
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Brussels, Belgium
    • Posts 1,031
    • Points 12,625

Re: urgent help: media deleted, can't (batch) re-import the backup media

That worked ! thanks A LOT !

(I didn't attempt that earlier, without expert advice b/c I was too afraid of breaking something else :P)

(and for the record, the 'accidental' deletion was NOT a user error, but the result of some weirdness with Media Tool when deleting files from another project...but that's another story)

MC 8.6.5 (Symph.)/BCC 10.0.5/RED 5.6; Matrox MXO2 Mini (8.0.0); DELL Precision M4700 - Intel Core i7-3740QM 2.7 GHz - 20 GB RAM; nVidia Quadro K2000M 2... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller