Latest post Fri, Mar 24 2017 9:13 AM by derDoyle. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 17 2017 3:56 PM

export problems - segmentation fault

I've been getting the dreaded segmentation fault error again, this time when exporting. I'm working off of Avid 8.4.3 and OS 10.10.5 with all transcoded DNx36 footage, never any effects, never any offline footage, and I still can't get things to export easily, whether it's a 90 minute sequence or an 8 minute sequence. I always always always get something that looks like "Exception: std::exception, what:"Segmentation fault" in thread "CQTExportWorkingThreadBody", at address 0x0"

I have to do both an audio and video mixdown, and export that sequence Same as Source to even have hope of it exporting properly. And even then, I get errors, most recently a "DISK_SEEK_ERROR." The last time I tried to export a mixdown sequence, I got a "Movie export from procedures FAILED!" error. I have no idea what to do.

Things I've tried:

• restarting the computer
    • restarting AVID
    • resetting permissions, checking permissions
    • unchecking the "Fast Start" option
    • deleting settings
    • cleaning databases
    • exporting QTRefs

I know that doing audio and video mixdowns, exporting Same as Source, ignoring the DISK_SEEK_ERROR, then converting that file to a small H264 clip in Mpeg Streamclip is a doable workaround, but my job is mostly exports. There's no way I can work efficiently if I have to do that every single time.

Any suggestions?

1: [Avid Media Composer 8.6.1 • Yosemite OS 10.10.5 • AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB • iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) ] 2: [Avid Media Composer 8.4 • Yosemite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 22 2017 11:55 AM In reply to

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2015
    • Posts 28
    • Points 305

Re: export problems - segmentation fault

Did you try to export on a different volume? Maybe the volume you are exporting to is the problem...

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 9:28 PM In reply to

I just tried that with a 2 minute sequence, but got the same error with "CQTExportWorkingThreadBody" at the end. I have a 2 hour sequence to export, so I'm going to try making mixdowns and exporting that way.

1: [Avid Media Composer 8.6.1 • Yosemite OS 10.10.5 • AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB • iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) ] 2: [Avid Media Composer 8.4 • Yosemite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 24 2017 9:13 AM In reply to

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2015
    • Posts 28
    • Points 305

I just saw that you're working with 8.4.3. Install 8.4.4, better 8.4.5.

Fixed in 8.4.4

• Bug Number: MCDEV-4324. You might have received a “std::exception” error when performing a Custom QuickTime export. 

Doyle

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller