Latest post Wed, Mar 22 2017 2:56 PM by Kevin Klimek. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 16 2017 4:19 PM

DNxHD22x After Effects to AVID MC

We have a tech spec for file delivery for all output of After Effects to DNxHD 220x Quicktimes.

The non-alpha channel files seem to be fine upon import to AVID.

The alpha channel file imports are glitched. The alpha channel seems to be hopping around.

You can see at the end of this clip what the underlying shot is supposed to look like and what a non-alpha render of the graphic looks like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kd3uxu41fjklf81/DNx Test01_AVID.mov?dl=1

Both fully updated versions of MC, and AE

MBP 10.11.6/2.8GHz i7/16GBRAM

MBP 2.8 GHz i7, 16GB RAM Media Composer 8.8.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 21 2017 2:41 PM In reply to

Re: DNxHD22x After Effects to AVID MC

Hmmm..never seen that before. So to clarify, it is rendering properly in AE, but you see this on import?

Is it possible to post a short (even 1 second) clip of the actual rendered file for me to test?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Mar 21 2017 2:50 PM In reply to

Kevin,

When I imported the redered output file back into AE it would play fine and the alpha channel worked as expected.

After doing a straight "Import File" into an AVID project with matched project settings and a DNxHD220x media creation setting is where I see the above result.

Yes I could upload a file. What specifically would you want, the AE output file?

I'll be in the suite later today and I can make something then.

• Tue, Mar 21 2017 2:57 PM In reply to

Yes, I'd just like to see if I import it here if I see the same results. But it can be short, since the file size will be large.

I can also send you our FTP site to upload to if you want to PM me.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Mar 22 2017 5:05 AM In reply to

Kevin,

Here it is on DB, 319MB.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iimmgx4tvu7qxy1/DNx%20Test01.mov?dl=1

I've imported it into Premiere and both the fill and alpha work well. Let me know if you have the same problem

Thanks

ak

• Wed, Mar 22 2017 2:56 PM In reply to

Got it!

I was able to get it to work on MC v8.8.1 (file attached).

I'm not a graphics guy, but I did notice when I dropped the file into AE that the matte was premultiplied. We always use straight alphas for use in Avid, otherwise you'll get some wierd compositing results. That's not the solution to your issue, but that is something to think about.

How are you trying to ingest the file into MC? Import? Link?

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller