Latest post Fri, Feb 17 2017 9:01 PM by Kevin Klimek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 17 2017 5:50 PM

transcode at low res and then retranscode at high at the end

Hello i am thinking wheter is possibile to use this method in order to save some disk space (i don't know about time)

i was thinking to transcode all the clips at the beginning to a low res...work at the sequence and when it is finished i would like to the best res, so that only the portion i need woul be transcoded, and in th emeanwhile i have saved space

i don't know if this is possibile and if it has a sense

thanks

CPU I7 2600k 3.4ghz Ram 32gb Ssd 256gb GPU Nvidia GTX760 Win 10 Avid Media 8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 17 2017 8:29 PM In reply to

Re: transcode at low res and then retranscode at high at the end

Yes, and that is the recommended workflow.

Once your sequence is locked:

1. Open your bins that are linked to the original footage (not transcoded)
    2. Highlight all linked clips
    3. Right-click your sequence and select Relink...
    4. Choose "To Selected Items in All Open Bins" and Relink. (A new sequence will be created with .Relinked.01.)
    5. Select the sequence and transcode it to your desired higher resolution. (Another new sequence will be created with .Transcoded.01).

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Feb 17 2017 8:54 PM In reply to

what you mean for sequnce locked?

CPU I7 2600k 3.4ghz Ram 32gb Ssd 256gb GPU Nvidia GTX760 Win 10 Avid Media 8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 17 2017 9:01 PM In reply to

When your picture is "approved" and it's not going to change anymore.

You can transcode to high-resolution with some handles if you want, which will give you flexibility to tweak, but in general, high-res'ing should wait until you're no longer makiing picture changes.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller