Latest post Sun, Mar 19 2017 3:57 PM by Vilem. 30 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 16 2017 6:04 PM

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,292
    • Points 59,655
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

MC 8.8 Now Available!

We are pleased to announce that Media Composer v8.8 is ready for download. The Media Composer v8.8 software is located on the Download Center (login and password required). Please consult the attached readme file before downloading. Additional guides are available on the Knowledge Base.

Changed in v8.8:  The following items have been added to Media Composer v8.8. For details on each new item, see the “Whats New Guide for Media Composer v8.8”.

-  Timeline Clip Notes -  You can add notes to clips in the Timeline and view all the notes in the Timeline Clip Notes Window. (Used to be Adding Comments.)

-  Frame Cache for Effects – Editing Enabling Frame Cache when performing Color Correction

ScriptSync - ScriptSync uses phonetic-indexing technology to analyze the audio portion of a clip and match it to lines of the script text.

-  Bin Sharing on Non Avid Storage - The editing application will notify you if your third party storage is emulating Avid NEXIS or Avid ISIS storage.

-  Change to Find Window - A few changes have been made to the Find Window.

-  Change to the Script Window -  A few changes have been made to the Script Window.

Fixed in v8.8: The following issues have been resolved in Media Composer v8.8:

-  You could not open a project if the project was named Clip.

-  In some instances you could not successfully drag and drop audio clips above or below the TC track.

-  Custom Colors did not stay in the Color Palette when using Clip Color.

-  Disabling the “Auto-create new tracks” setting was ignored when using Edit While Capture clips.

-  The Cutlist EndHdl timecode was short one frame.

-  (List Tool) The marker values were empty in an Optical List.

-  (List Tool) Markers did not display on Opticals in an Assemble List.

-  When performing an Export to Device with an XDCAM device attached, you might have received a “Please connect XDCAM device or insert disk” message.

-  In some instances, exporting a graphic from linked XAVC Long GOP media failed with an assertion error.

-  In some instances, rendering a sequence with muted clips resulted in clips being partially rendered.

-  The Project Window summary might have been empty on a Mac system, or contained garbled text on a Windows system.

-  When importing some .wav files, the name of the files include a “/” which is an illegal character that is not supported in Interplay. This is because Media Composer uses the values of “Scene/Take” for the file name when importing Broadcast Wave files. An additional Import Setting has been added to the Import Settings dialog. The “Use Broadcast Wave Scene and Take for Clip Names” is defaulted on. If you are importing Broadcast Wave files and you do not want them named using Scene/Take, you must deselect this option in the Import Settings:Audio dialog box.

Limitations:  There are 5 limitations and workarounds outlined in the ReadMe for Media Composer v8.8. 

New Nvidia Driver: Nvidia Driver v375.86 is supported with this release.

How to obtain Media Composer v8.8:

1. If you have already installed the latest version of Media Composer, you will be notified of the availability of the v8.8 upgrade via the Application Manager v17.2. The Apps tab will also provide a link to download and install the update when desired.

2. If you are a new customer who purchase Media Composer on or after February 16th, 2017 you will receive this v8.8 update in your Avid Master Account.

3. If you are on a current Upgrade & Support plan you can download the Media Composer v8.8 update either from your Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.) 

4. If you are not on a current Upgrade & Support contract, you must purchase either a new Media Composer Subscription or Perpetual license to receive this update.

Mac Pro. MC 8.9.1. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7 with 8Gb Ram, 500gb drive. Dell Precision 650, 3.06 Ghz,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 16 2017 6:17 PM In reply to

• beckirk
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 128
    • Points 1,690

Re: MC 8.8 Now Available!

I didn't see anything in the Readme about the color correction glitch issue getting fixed???

System Specs: Windows 10 64bit Avid Media Composer 8.6.5 QT v. 7.7.4 Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core 32GB RAM C Drive: Mushkin... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 16 2017 6:38 PM In reply to

• kkordisch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 5 2011
    • Posts 73
    • Points 955

The color glitch isn't fixed. Hopefully, in 8.8.1.

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 7:01 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,715
    • Points 113,650
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Just sent Luc a note...  Lets see what he says...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 7:16 PM In reply to

• kkordisch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 5 2011
    • Posts 73
    • Points 955

Also, are ScriptSync and PhraseFind available to Trial like on version 6.5 and 7?

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 7:27 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,715
    • Points 113,650
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Luc said that it is not completely fixed and with the 8.8 date for release set in stone for SS and PF it went out without the fix. 

Still working it and hopefully the next release.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Feb 16 2017 7:30 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,715
    • Points 113,650
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Not at this time....  SS and PF are only available for perpetual licenses at this time so subscription is coming later this year and possibly at that time we will have trials for them

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Feb 17 2017 8:35 PM In reply to

This latest release still has not fixed the issue with NVIDIA Quadro 4000 cards on Windows 10, which dates from August of last year.  I'm still forced to use driver version 353.82, as later versions cause freezing upon playback, and in some cases crash Media Composer.  Any idea when this issue might be addressed?

Media Composer 8.9.3 | OS X 10.13.1 | iMac 2017 (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 | 40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 | TerraMaster 16TB external RAID... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 17 2017 9:27 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles Ca
    • Posts 2,060
    • Points 22,170

I have been putting it through a heck of  a workout on a full rez feature with lots of cc and fx   and so far its has performed with out a hitch I am having a little quirkieness with new blue not opening

macbook pro i7 2.5 16 gig ram 750gig hd 2tb fw800 20 tb e-sata raid Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Sat, Feb 18 2017 4:06 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,465
    • Points 58,325

Tom Pearson:

I have been putting it through a heck of  a workout on a full rez feature with lots of cc and fx   and so far its has performed with out a hitch I am having a little quirkieness with new blue not opening

What version of New Blue are you running?

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 3+ | MC 8.9.3 | QT 7.7.9 | BCC 10.0.6 | Sapphire 11 | Mocha Pro 5.5.2 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | System: P6X58D... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Sat, Feb 18 2017 6:31 PM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,387
    • Points 15,255

Michael Ray Brown:

This latest release still has not fixed the issue with NVIDIA Quadro 4000 cards on Windows 10, which dates from August of last year.  I'm still forced to use driver version 353.82, as later versions cause freezing upon playback, and in some cases crash Media Composer.  Any idea when this issue might be addressed?

Hello,
    in the readme is not appropriate patch, but it is not showing an error, so I tried the supplied driver with a version already MC8.7.2 and it worked for me.
    Currently I have installed the driver provided with MC8.8 and so far have not noticed problems.
    The only problem is that it takes a GPU renders, but it is a problem in general.

V.

AVID MC8.9.4 - dongle, HP Z620 - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620, Quadro P2000 - driver 385.08, RAM 48GB - DDR3, BM Intensity Pro 4k - 10.9.5, W10 - 64bit Professional... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 20 2017 4:50 PM In reply to

• Radman
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 911
    • Points 10,620

Great Avid, notes fantastic, and of course the driver!

Radman.

Win10 64Bit / HP Z800-XW8200 / 5x Quadro M6000. 48 Gig Ram / Cubix Expander 4 / 2x 32TB SAS JMR Raid unit / Avid Artist | Avid Artist DNxIO. 3x 27"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 22 2017 6:17 AM In reply to

Vilem:
    Currently I have installed the driver provided with MC8.8 and so far have not noticed problems.

Let me get this straight:  You are running Media Composer 8.8 on a Windows 10 system with an NVIDIA Quadro 4000 card using driver 375.86, and it does not crash?  That's not my experience.  But then, I have a different motherboard.  Does this mean that, for all intents and purposes, the issue has been fixed?  If so, then I have some troubleshooting to do.

Media Composer 8.9.3 | OS X 10.13.1 | iMac 2017 (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 | 40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 | TerraMaster 16TB external RAID... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 22 2017 8:15 AM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,387
    • Points 15,255

Michael Ray Brown:
    You are running Media Composer 8.8 on a Windows 10 system with an NVIDIA Quadro 4000 card using driver 375.86, and it does not crash?

Yes stable here. After a week of use yet did not notice problems with the graphics card.
    Avid crashed once, but it is probably related to forced automatically saving project at a yet unspecified on the activity and it happened even earlier (very rarely).

V.

AVID MC8.9.4 - dongle, HP Z620 - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620, Quadro P2000 - driver 385.08, RAM 48GB - DDR3, BM Intensity Pro 4k - 10.9.5, W10 - 64bit Professional... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 22 2017 9:33 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,265

Michael Ray Brown:

Let me get this straight:  You are running Media Composer 8.8 on a Windows 10 system with an NVIDIA Quadro 4000 card using driver 375.86, and it does not crash?  That's not my experience. 

Please retest with a clean install of ther drivers removing everything old , there is an option for that in the installer if you go to the advanced install options

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller