Latest post Thu, Nov 7 2019 7:14 AM by wkumingo. 48 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 30 2018 4:56 PM In reply to

Re: Any chance we can get Avid to scale on a 4k screen anytime soon?

milzticket:
    I just updated Pro Tools...

Hi, This is the Avid video forum.  The audio forum is here: http://duc.avid.com/

Media Composer 2019.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Aug 30 2018 5:00 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 381
    • Points 4,510

milzticket:

Did we ever find a solution to the scaling problem on 4k screens? I just updated Pro Tools on my new laptop, and I can't work on it because it's so small. Please help Avid!

protools issues are over at the DUC. they'll get your sorted. 

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

• Fri, Oct 25 2019 8:24 AM In reply to

Hi, are 4K screens supported by now? Thanks for a hint...

i7 3.4 GHz | Asus HERO Z170 | 32GB Ram | Quadro k620 | Intensity Pro 4K | WIN7 64bit Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 7 2019 7:14 AM In reply to

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Chicago
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,485

4K scaling is much improved, but still not perfect, and it may depend on the size of your display. You might have to play with the Windows 10 "Scale and layout" percentage in Display settings to decide what works best for you.

For example the recommended 100% scaling on my large 34" 4K desktop display works fine, but the recommended 250% on my smaller 15" 4K laptop makes all Avid menu fonts cartoonishly large. Manually changing the laptop scaling to 200% fixes that but then I've seen other issues with things like some audio plug-in interfaces still being WAY too small to operate.

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to go 4K on a desktop, but laptop milage will vary. In a pinch I have resorted to changing the laptop resolution to 1920x1080 and everything pretty much returns to normal. Unfortunately that comes at the expense of the added benefits of buying a 4K screen in the first place. There's also a new Avid menu item in 2019.x letting you customize font sizes for each window (or most windows) so you can probably find some user settings that will work for you after a lttle tinkering.

Self-built -- Always current MC version with AJA KONA 1 card OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, System: X99 Motherboard, Core i7-6850K, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
Page 4 of 4 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller