Latest post Fri, Dec 16 2016 2:24 AM by wa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 16 2016 2:22 AM

• wa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 17 2011
    • Posts 62
    • Points 845

Media Offline (fps)

I’m really sorry but I need to hand over my project by AAF to another editor and Ive got to sort out the offline media issue first  and wonder if you can help?

Everything is online except the media which was underwater footage in a different format to the footage I usually work and the timeline and edit was working fine before when I edited it. But I switched to another project on another drive and then went back to this one and When I opened up the project everything was offline. I have spent hours rebuilding the time line with the above surface footage by trying various methods like removing the index files - that didnt work (maybe something was corrupted) so I then created a new Avid MediaFiles folder 1 on my external harddrive and moved all the media to it, and that indexed it and rebuilt most of the time line with all the above surface stuff now showing. However all the underwater cameraman’s footage is still offline - all this footage has FPS on it.  The Underwater footage was originally MXF files and I could not take this into Avid Media Composer 7 directly without transcoding it. So I transcoded it to an mp4 via catalyse Browse and then I  imported some the normal way but soon realised that wasn’t a good idea so I AMA linked most of it.  What’s weird is I can see some of the FPS footage that I imported via AMA link in the source monitor window when I open the file but on my time line it shows offline still.  The same source of footage that I imported a different way - by import directly by import method - is completely off line in both source and time line.  It was working absolutely fine when I last linked it up and now for some reason it’s not - Ive been trying for hours. Any ideas? I'd be really grateful as I have to get this done tomorrow to handover and I imagined it would be a simple task.  I do hope someone can help and I hope this is clear? Please ask any questions you need?
  • Fri, Dec 16 2016 2:24 AM In reply to

• wa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 17 2011
    • Posts 62
    • Points 845

Re: Media Offline (fps)

I also meant to say I work on AVID 7 and Maverick OS X on a Mac Book Pro

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller