Latest post Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:20 PM by AndrewAction. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:13 PM

How do you post images to this forum?

I just posted a question here that would have been greatly aided by illustration. But I can't figure out how to insert images. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Here's what I did. I took some screengrabs, labeled them and then put them in a folder in the Public_html page on my ftp. Then, in my post, I clicked on the Insert/edit image icon, pasted the URL of my image in the Image URL window, gave it a name in the Image description window, chose an alignment and set the dimensions in those windows. I put nothing in Border, Vertical space or Horizontal space. What I get in my post are boxes of the appropriate size with the Image description, but no image.

I am doing this on a Mac running 10.10.5 and on the latest version of Chrome. I suspect this may not be the correct Avid forum to post this question, but I'm hoping someone can direct me.

Thanks,

Martin

System 1: Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB for my system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:48 PM In reply to

Re: How do you post images to this forum?

When logged in I.
    Click the Options tab at the top of the reply page
    In the options page click on Add/Update under File attachment
    In the Attach a file pop up window click on Choose File
    Browse to your desired file. (I use JPEG's)
    Click  on Save
    Back in the Attach a File page click on the Compose tab at the top of the page to return to the post I am writing and click on Post.

• Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:12 PM In reply to

Thank you Andrew. I'm embarassed to say how long I've overlooked the Options tab. Can I add more than one image that way?

Martin

System 1: Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB for my system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:20 PM In reply to

Martin in Chicago:
    Can I add more than one image that way?
    I just followed that path it let me add 3 images but I did not post the reply so not sure that it works.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller