Latest post Fri, Nov 11 2016 10:00 PM by Romani. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 8 2016 9:01 PM

• Romani
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 29 2015
    • NZ
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

conforming in media composer

Hello all,

I have a sequence originally cut in mc, am I able to highlight it in a bin, and tell it to either decompose or consolidate, or somehow make its own new, shorter clips, and then link it to a file from which it was originally edited from ? 

:))

Version 8.6 with Symphony, Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 9 2016 10:06 AM In reply to

Re: conforming in media composer

It depends on how the original file was ingested. If it was imported (the old way) then no you need to batch import the file overriding the compression settng to ingest at the resolution you want. You will import the whole file at that quality but a copy of your sequence will be made linked to that new import.

If you used AMA link then you just need to ensure the file is still AMA linked (and if not AMa link it)

Then link the sequence to that master clip in its bin. You then have a sequence linked to the external file. You then transcode to the compression quality you need to make media at that quality.

We rarely use decompose anymore and consolidate is used to make new media and clips at the same resolution as the source media.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Nov 11 2016 10:00 PM In reply to

• Romani
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 29 2015
    • NZ
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Re: conforming in media composer

Thank you.  I was looking for a way to ama link my short sequence, without having to start all over again.  It's nuts that I couldn't do it.  Thanks for your help, but it would not link.  

Version 8.6 with Symphony, Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller