Latest post Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:20 PM by Ari Zlatin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 16 2006 6:06 PM

Ideas for fast rendering

I frequently use Avid FX to generate FX with lots of lighting and particles, and get long render times. Marquee takes advantage of graphics processing, but as far as I can tell, FX does not -- it uses only the CPU.

Is there a setting to fix this?

If not, do any of you use render farms or similar to get shorter render times?

P4, 2.80 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB System Drive, 228 GB Video, 2 x 100 GB Firedock drives, 1 x 300 GB additional media drive, 160 GB WD external Firewire drive... [view my complete system specs]
    Manny "Lock it. Episode 5 airs tomorrow." "But you gave me Episode 4. This is 4." "<blink>Make some coffee."
  • Tue, May 16 2006 6:19 PM In reply to

Re: Ideas for fast rendering

I gave up on trying to get faster rendering Smile [:)]

I went through a period of testing to try to get some OpenGL hardware acceleration from AvidFX and my Quadro 3400 FX.

If I remember correctly, Xpress Pro and/or the Mojo would lock the OpenGL hardware acceleration from AvidFX which was a shame because IMHO AvidFX needed access to it more than the Composition window.

When I ran AvidFX on its own, I had access to the OpenGL hardware acceleration and it ran a lot quicker. I didn't test the rendering of AvidFX when it was run standalone though. That might be something to try.

Click on Web Address [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:20 PM In reply to

• Ari Zlatin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 13 2008
    • San Francisco, CA
    • Posts 39
    • Points 510

Re: Ideas for fast rendering

Is there a way to make Avid MC5.5.1 use GPU for rendering Boris RED 4.3.3?

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77, 16 GB DDR3, SSD DRIVE, QUADRO FX 3800, WINDOWS 7-64 bit Professional, Dual 27" monitors [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller