Latest post Thu, Mar 9 2017 4:11 PM by Marianna. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 23 2016 9:34 AM

• SchnittKontor_HH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2006
    • Europe - Germany - Hamburg
    • Posts 92
    • Points 1,040

Artist DNxIO "Upgrade and support contract ending soon."

What does that mean?

MC /w. Sym 2018.12.2 | AVID Artist | DNxIO | HP Z820 GEN 2, 2x Xeon E5-2695W v2 12-Core 2.4 GHz, 64GB RAM, GPU: 2x RTX 2080 TI, HP Thunderbolt 2 | Win... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 23 2016 1:51 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,204
    • Points 218,090
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Artist DNxIO "Upgrade and support contract ending soon."

That means that the support on the DNxIO you got almost a year ago is almost up.... you can renew if you like or just keep on as is....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Oct 16 2016 1:10 AM In reply to

Marianna:

That means that the support on the DNxIO you got almost a year ago is almost up.... you can renew if you like or just keep on as is....

Marianna

Hey WIC,

Currently there is a form to fill out and sales will contact the DNxIO owner.  What's the story?  What exactly does the support plan on the DNxIO get us?  What does it cost for a year?  The software/driver updates appear to be exactly the same as what we can download from Blackmagic.  I have renewed my Pro Tools and MC/Symphony contracts so I am not completely opposed to the idea but I would like to know what I would be getting.  Especially since the accelleration we were expecting has not materialized.  Yes, I realize there is some ingest accelleration but not many of us do that these days.

Thanks for all your work on behalf of users!

Take it EZ,

Robert

MacBook Pro Late 2013 2.6 ghz I7/16gb RAM/GT 750M/1TB PCIe SSD & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/HIT2TB/WD650/WD1TB/ProAvio Scary RAID External. [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelance Preditor(Producer/Editor)
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

• Fri, Dec 30 2016 10:57 PM In reply to

• Radman
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 911
    • Points 10,620

Good point here.

I bought a DNx IO box recently and would appreciate an update and clarification on this issue as well, especially this upgrade feature which seems to seperate it from the latest equivelant BMDesign box. One also pay's a premium for the DNx IO box as well which should be noted.

Cheers Radman.

Win10 64Bit / HP Z800-XW8200 / 5x Quadro M6000. 48 Gig Ram / Cubix Expander 4 / 2x 32TB SAS JMR Raid unit / Avid Artist | Avid Artist DNxIO. 3x 27"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 4 2017 7:28 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,204
    • Points 218,090
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey radman

Happy new year to you....and everyone on this thread.  

You can purchase a DNxIO EHW plan to cover just the hardware - so it's for extended warranty (past one year) plus advanced exchange on any thing that needs to be returned for repair.

However,  it doesn't get you feature/software updates - for that you need MC support & upgrade plan.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jan 4 2017 7:40 PM In reply to

Marianna:

Hey radman

Happy new year to you....and everyone on this thread.  

You can purchase a DNxIO EHW plan to cover just the hardware - so it's for extended warranty (past one year) plus advanced exchange on any thing that needs to be returned for repair.

However,  it doesn't get you feature/software updates - for that you need MC support & upgrade plan.

Marianna

Happy New Year to you MM,

I will admit I was feeling neglected having posted here and on AEOF about this. 

Do you have a link to get pricing and purchase info?  I sent an email to sales and never heard from them.  I may not be Terrence Curren but I have many Avid products including current support plans to MC/Symphony and Pro Tools and I don't expect to be ignored.

Thanks for all you do for us MM,

Robert

MacBook Pro Late 2013 2.6 ghz I7/16gb RAM/GT 750M/1TB PCIe SSD & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/HIT2TB/WD650/WD1TB/ProAvio Scary RAID External. [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

• Wed, Jan 4 2017 7:46 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,204
    • Points 218,090
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Robert

I hear you.. I was away on vacation and even I get one of those sometimes. :)  I was off part of last week and just came back today - we had Ohio friends down in Florida so I didnt even LOOK at my computer or phone.  Relaxing...

I would neglect you especially if I was around.

No worries - let me get someone on it toot sweet.  They dont like the wrath of Marianna

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Jan 4 2017 7:58 PM In reply to

Marianna:

Robert

I hear you.. I was away on vacation and even I get one of those sometimes. :)  I was off part of last week and just came back today - we had Ohio friends down in Florida so I didnt even LOOK at my computer or phone.  Relaxing...

I would neglect you especially if I was around.

No worries - let me get someone on it toot sweet.  They dont like the wrath of Marianna

Marianna

Yeah,  I would neglect me too;-)

Not blaming you,  one those others could have contacted somebody. The original post in this thread was 08/23/2016 and my reply question was 10/15/2016.  My email or form contact to sales was in or before October as well.  Somebody should be checking this forum.  Especially considering the DNxIO is somewhat of a premium cost IO device by today's standards.

Look forward to your info.

Take much care,

Robert

PS:  As I said in AEOF,  it's usually people who know me well that don't reply.  Like family and clients;-)

Robert A. Ober
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

• Thu, Jan 26 2017 4:05 PM In reply to

• Radman
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 911
    • Points 10,620

Thanks Marianna, appologies for the late response.

I presume I have the ongoing MC support plan so where would I go for

the IO support Plan. Cheers Radman.

Win10 64Bit / HP Z800-XW8200 / 5x Quadro M6000. 48 Gig Ram / Cubix Expander 4 / 2x 32TB SAS JMR Raid unit / Avid Artist | Avid Artist DNxIO. 3x 27"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:03 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,833
    • Points 20,220
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Radman:

Thanks Marianna, appologies for the late response.

I presume I have the ongoing MC support plan so where would I go for

the IO support Plan. Cheers Radman.

Your master account shows MC license till May 2017. The DNxIO extended hardware support codes can be purchased through a Reseller.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 26 2017 6:55 PM In reply to

• Radman
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 911
    • Points 10,620

Thanks Ralph,

Sadly my Professional, careing, overly concerned reseller never mentioned this option.

Why not do this via the web, much easier for your clients not so.

Radman.

• Thu, Jan 26 2017 7:57 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,833
    • Points 20,220
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Radman,

Let me get back to you on this, I will double check with our Webstore support.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 26 2017 8:06 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,833
    • Points 20,220
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Radman,

Is the contact information in your Avid master account recent? I will forward this to the sales team, they will help you renew the support for DNxIO.

RalphC

• Thu, Jan 26 2017 9:02 PM In reply to

• Radman
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 911
    • Points 10,620

Ralph, thanks, yes it is, no change.

Just something while we're chatting.

In the old days I could stay logged on to the site / forum all day.

Now I blink and have to re-log-on, bit of a pain, what can I do.

Cheers Radman.

• Thu, Jan 26 2017 9:15 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,833
    • Points 20,220
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Got it, I already sent your information to our UK team, they will contact you.

I feel you and I  think I know what you meant by log all day in the Forums, It's a bit different now. Put a check in the "Remember Me" when you sign it to the master account. It's just below the forgot password.

https://my.avid.com/account/orientation?returnUrl=https%3a%2f%2fmy.avid.com%2fproducts#MyProducts

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller